.

They're in Melbourne when Louis does it. The stadium is lit up with spotlights, booming with fireworks, and fifty-six thousand people are singing along to a song Louis penned that one time he woke up with a hard-on.

Harry's pure energy, flying across the stage so fast Louis can barely follow, blowing kisses and striking perfect twirls and flipping his hair left and right. When he settles down and sits for 18, right next to Louis with their knees pressed together, he looks flushed and radiant in the lights. His lips are a rich cherry red, his eyes green, and even in the humid Australian summer, he looks a little like Christmas.

It's then, after they finish the song and stand up and Liam segues into his speech, that Louis looks up at the dark night sky and realises he's well and truly won.

"Haz," he says, and Harry is right there, like he always is, touching Louis's elbow with gentle fingers.

"You okay?" he asks, concerned, even as he chugs his fifth water bottle of the night.

"I'm golden," Louis says, turns around, and kisses him.

Harry melts into it immediately, resting a light hand on Louis's hip and grinning like a fool.

Around them, the crowd hushes – Louis thinks Liam might have stopped talking as well, but he doesn't much care. He lets himself feel, just this once, half-hidden in the shadows of the stage with Harry all around him and adrenaline in his veins.

Zayn laughs, and he sets off the roar of the crowd. It's a noise like Louis has never heard before, a cacophony that still sounds beautiful, thousands of voices shouting for them.

"Harry grins wider against Louis's lips. Across the stage, Liam tuts into his microphone and resumes talking. Niall cracks a joke about kissing on the job.

Harry pulls away, opens his eyes. Every single star Louis has ever seen is right there, drowning in his irises.

"That's what that feels like," he breathes, and Louis soars.

They've arrived.

~fin