Chapter 8

Riley's POV

It was already 8:30 and the girls and I were in my closet picking our outfits out for tomorrow but we couldn't concentrate because Jace and the boys were also in my closet touching everything.

"OH! What's this?" James asked holding up my eyelash curler.

"An eyelash curler. Now put it down." I said. Instead of putting it down he walked over to Jaxon and Jace and showed them it.

"Oh! How do you- Ahhhhh oh my god it's stuck. Jace help!" I heard Jaxon yell. I spun around and saw that Jaxon had tried to use the eye lash curler but had failed miserably.  I rolled my eyes and walked over to help him.

"Jaxon this is one of the many reasons why you don't have a girlfriend." I said and put the eye lash curler away. 

"So what's your reason?" Jace asked.

"what?" I asked.

"What's your reason for not having a boyfriend?" He restated.

"You already know the reason." I replied.

"Yeah but you didn't explain why all guys are douche bags." Jace replied. I looked at the girls who just stared back at me. I sighed.

"Guys are all douche's because every guy I use to date was sweet and loyal at first but after a while they'd start pressuring me to do things and when I said no they got mad and a day or two later I'd find them with another girl. After a while I got tired of guys breaking up with me because I wouldn't have sex with them so I decided that all guys are the same and ever since then I've been single." I explained. Jace opened his mouth to say something but I put a finger up to silence him.

"And you know what sucks the most? The fact that I still haven't met a guy who doesn't care about having sex. Guys still hit on me and they say oh look at her she's sexy.  Maybe I don't want to be called sexy. In fact I don't I want a guy  who will call me beautiful, gorgeous, and pretty because I don't feel like an object they just wanna fuck. I feel like a real person and that means more to me then anything else in this world." I said. Everyone stared at me but Jace's  was probably the worst because I could see pity in his eye's.

"Riley I had no idea. I'm so sorry."  He said. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Why are you sorry you didn't do anything." I said.

"Actually if we are being technical all 3 of us did do something because we are all guys and because of your experience with guys in the past all guys are not to be trusted. So we indirectly helped cause this mistrust of guys because you've never met a guy who actually gives a shit." James said. Silence. Jace broke the silence.

"I need to talk to you."  he grabbed my hand and tugged me out of the closet, down the stairs and out the front door and finally stopped at the park across from my house. 

" Riley if a guy showed you that he wasn't a douche like other guys would you stop thinking so bad of every other guy?" Jace asked. I thought about it for a second or two.

"Probably."I said.

"Then I have an important question for you. Can I be that guy?"Jace asked.

"excuse me?" I asked shocked.

"Can I be that guy? The one who proves to you that not every guy cares only about sex." Jace repeated. I did not know how to answer that without being embarrassed so i settled for middle ground.

"You don't have to ask Jace. If you want to try go ahead if you don't then don't." 

"Cool." He said grinning and started walking back to the house. He opened the door and yelled at the guys that it was time to go. They hopped into Jace's car and once Jace was buckled in he turned to look at me.

"I'll be here 10 minutes before school starts tomorrow." He said then he winked and drove away. My jaw dropped and I could hear Maya and El giggling at me.

"Close your mouth Riles you'll catch flies." El said. I walked back into my house dazed. I looked at the outfit I had picked out for tomorrow and groaned.

 "Oh my god, now I have to pick out a new outfit." Which made the girls start giggling again. Before I could walk to my closet my cell phone went off.

"Hello?" I said.

"I forgot to mention that you should probably wear jeans or shorts tomorrow." It was Jace.

"Why?"

"You'll see. Maya and El will ride to school with James and Jaxon. Bye."

"Bye." I said and hung up. I turned to the girls.

"He suggested that I wear jeans or shorts tomorrow and informed me that you two are riding with Jaxon and James." I said. 

"Okie dokie." El said. Maya rolled her eyes.

"Wait that means that Jace is probably picking you up in some other type of vehicle. Oh my God Riley! What if Jace comes to pick you up on a Motorcycle? Guys who ride motorcycles are sexy as crap." Maya said.

"Maya if Jace shows up here on a motorcycle tomorrow I sure as hell will not be getting on that death trap." I said.

"As long as you hold on your fine." Maya said.

"Hold on to what their are no handles on the back." I said. Maya leaned in really close to my ear and whispered,

"That's why you wrap your arms around his waist and hold on tight enough that you have your front pressed straight up against his back and you can feel his stomach muscles retract and tighten  as he leans left and right when he turns." I swear by this time I was as red as Tinkerbell gets when she's angry.

"MAYA!" I yelled flabbergasted. 

"Love you." she said and ran. I spent the rest of the night chasing her.