33rd♀

33rd♀

I avoided Chanyeol when he stayed around me. What more did he want from me? Did he want a truth to appear just out of nowhere? I didn't need him knowing about the past I wasn't even ready to bring up, even with Jeonghan. 

I was on the setting team, i.e, I had to help set up the tables for a students in Dorm  2 and 3. Dorm 1 students didn't come with us because of Baro getting expelled and Minguk causing more trouble. 

There were close to 150 students all together and that was a lot. So just imagining setting up for that many students was a pain. 

Jeonghan was helping me set the table today while Jun and I still ignored each other. Usually, when we ignore each other, it lasted for only a while. This time, it seems to be taking longer than I'd thought it'd be. 

Oh, well then. If Jun wanted to play hard to get, I'll play the game too. If he wasn't going to apologize for calling me gay, I wouldn't bother anymore. 

And if he doesn't apologize, fine. Whatever. Sometimes I just get really tired dealing with a friendship that crumbles and builds itself over and over again. What if all these times, I was the one building the friendship while he gets a bulldozer, ready to knock it off? I really wondered. 

Jeonghan lightly shouldered me, giving me a side-way glance. "What's up with you? You look troubled."

"I do?" I asked him, bringing a hand up to my cheeks to feel them. "In what way?"

"You're the one feeling troubled and you're asking me?" Jeonghan raised an eyebrow before he placed plates down on the table. "Is Jun bothering you? I heard the two of you had a fight."

"Yeah, we had a fight." I secretly eyed Jun, who was helping the other boys set up a fire. Jun dumped the firewood onto the floor and watched as Namjoon lighted it up. "We're not talking either."

"You two are always having fights. Like an old married couple," Jeonghan commented, dusting his hands together after putting down the plates. He looked at me for a brief second before he walked the other way.

I looked at Jun once again before I shook my head and finished with my chores. I walked to my tent and sat down comfortably inside, wanting to sleep. 

The tent's opening unzipped and in came Jeonghan, taking a seat next to me. "Do you want to talk about it?"

I opened an eye and raised an eyebrow at him. "We're not girls. We don't talk about how we feel over tea time or whatever."

"You really dislike thinking or similarly acting like a girl, don't you?" Jeonghan asked me. He shook his head and then fixed his ponytail.

"It's just that..." Just that being a girl reminded me of my dad. And I'd had enough to living in the past. The painful past I hold onto when the present was telling me continuously to let go already. It's over. Done. All those times will never come back.

Is it wrong to keep on hoping that a part of the past will come back?

I faced the other side so that Jeonghan wouldn't look at my saddened face. I didn't want him to think that I was being troubled by something when I really was. 

"You look unwell, Kim Haneul. Do you want me to get you water or something?" Jeonghan asked behind me. 

I just shook my head and continued staring at the tent's colour. When I see Jeonghan, my mind tears between the Jeonghan I used to know and the Jeonghan I know now. Now that Jeonghan continues to tear my mind by acting differently, I didn't know what exactly to see or believe.