I cocked my head, not understanding what she meant by that. I tugged on Braxton's shirt, and he gave me an exasperated sigh. "Fay, this is not the time to pick on Ellie because of your insecurities. Ellie doesn't even understand, so it's pointless. It's not insulting her, it's insulting me! I know you hate her because you've always had a crush on me, but your continuous beg for attention is making me so agitated!" he boomed in a furious voice. He picked up my plate and threw it in Fay's direction. It missed of course but she still looked very scared.

Tears streamed down my face, mostly from shock. For some reason, the other adults didn't look scared at all. Some of them looked concerned, including the twins, others perfectly calm. Even Fay didn't look as terrified as she should.

Ivy looked at him concerned. "King Braxton, please calm down." she said sweetly. Braxton sat down and mumbled things, while I looked at people for reassurance.

Braxton reach out to touch me but I flinched away. I looked at Ivy and wiped away my tears. "Lady Ivy, maybe I should start my lessons?" I asked. I wanted to get out of this room as soon as possible.

Ivy dabbed her mouth with a napkin and smiled. "Of course, dear. We can go now." she said standing up. On her way over to me, she kissed her husband's cheek and her daughter's forehead.

I gave her a weak smile and stood up too. Ivy and I walked down the hall in silence. Following us not to far behind was Damien and another guard that I didn't know. I looked at Ivy and she glance at me. "Please straighten your posture, Elise." she said in a strict voice.

That surprised me since she's always been so nice.

I straightened my back and looked at her. She nodded in approval. We walked some more in silence until I broke it. "Why is Braxton so mad all the time?" I asked curiously. I saw Ivy's facial expression slightly change.

"He has gone through some awful things, and being a king can be stressful."

I nodded but I still didn't understand. If Fay is like family to him, why would he want to hurt her? I don't understand the way Braxton acts and I don't think I'll ever will.

I mean, I could never lose my secret weapon.

Didn't Damien say something exactly like that? Did they both mean the same thing? I hated not understanding what people are talking, and talking down to me!

I turned around and walked over to Damien. "Damien! I want to talk to you about something." I said while smiling.

Damien didn't looked shocked but looked at Ivy and her guard just to tell them that we were stopping. He took my arm and pulled me to the side of the hallway. "What is it that you wanted to talk about, your highness?" He paused. He started saying the next part in a low whisper. His odd green and brown eyes bore into mine. His eyes and hair reminded me of someone, but I just couldn't tell who. "Some things we cannot talk about in such a public place."

I cocked my head. "Like what? Eliza—"

Out of no where Damien placed his hand over my mouth. "Yes, she cannot be spoken about in public. I advise you never say her name unless in we are in a private room together." he said I a harsh whisper.

I slowly removed his hand from my mouth so that I could talk. "What if I want to talk to Braxton about her? Can I?"

His greenish eyes darkened. "Absolutely not," he whisper-shouted in my ear. I whimpered and back up. Why was everyone so angry today? And how mad would he be when he finds out that I've already spoken to Braxton about her? I saw Damien sigh and he gently grabbed my face. "Please don't give me that frightened face. I'm sorry if I scared you, your highness. However, if you talk about certain things in public, it could get me killed. Your fiancé is a cruel man and kills anyone who disrespects or disagrees with him and calls it 'treason.'" he said.