Chapter 1

Okay, can we just get on with telling the story?" Kaos growled.

"Sure, Lord Kaos." Glumshanks said quietly, "You're starting, remember?"

Kaos groaned, "Of course I remember, fool! You're the forgetful clutz! Not me! Now, SILENCE! It all started one-"

"Is there really a story? I mean, we all know how this ends. You always come up with horrid plans of world domination; the Skylanders stop you, no matter how hard you try; and you always end up failing miserably in the end. So... there's REALLY no point." Cynder growled. "So, can you PLEASE COME UP WITH A PLAN THAT ACTUALLY WORKS FOR ONCE?! Like, maybe... I don't know... RIGHT NOW!!!???"

Kaos sighed then tapped Cynder, his hand glowing of black energy, clearly using the powers of The Darkness to get back at rude she-dragon. Cynder let out a big yell as to say "stop it, You lunatic!" Kaos gave a devilish sneer.

"So, ShUT UP!" Kaos yelled, shoving Cynder to the side, "Now... where was I before I was so RUDELY interrupted. Ah, yes. It all started one dreary, quite boring morning in Skylands..."

The sun was starting to peak its brilliant rays of beautiful light into the soft pink, dim orange and faded yellow sky. Early morning in Skylands was always so calm and peaceful. Birds sang sweet serenades of chirping and the occasional squawking. Bugs buzzed around, flitting from flower to tree branch to basically anywhere indecisively, trying to find the best place to watch the sun edge higher and higher into the sky. Everything and everyone was happily dozing away in their beds, dreaming sweet dreams of light and happiness; eagerly anticipating the new day at hand... well, almost everyone, that is.

Kaos was wide awake, engulfed in the shadows of his room. He sat on the edge of his bed, the tips of his toes barely even touching the ground, his head resting in his hands, lost in evil, diabolical thoughts. But more than anything, Kaos was depressed. Miserable. Downcast. Dismal. Morose. Even sad. In the early morning light (which Kaos had blocked out of his room by boarding up all the windows) everything in Skylands was chipper, gleeful and as perfect as perfect could be. It made him sick to the stomach. Kaos had tried so many times to bring chaos and darkness to the order that the stupid Skylosers tried so hard to preserve; and every time he had tried, he always ended up slipping up, messing up, or landing flat on his back in defeat. Somehow, the Skylosers kept winning, and Kaos kept losing. Now, after a complete and utter defeat of his latest plan, Kaos felt washed up. Not a single demonic, dark, or even half- witted idea had popped into his mind in about a whole five hours. And it was starting to affect Kaos in more ways than one. It was as if his genius mind had just stopped functioning after the complete failure of his last hair-brained scheme of world domination. Kaos glared at the floor, a scowl spreading across his facial features.

"What's wrong with me!?" Kaos cried, falling backwards onto the bunched up bedspread; which was half on the ground and half on the lumpy mattress, "Not a single thought! Not a single idea! Not even a hateful comeback! Those Sky-lamos have finally broken me! HAPPY NOW FOOLS!?"

Kaos stretched out on his bed, lying rigid and stiff, like he was a - non-living - statue that had been upturned onto its back. The only motion he made was the rise and fall of his chest as he breathed in short, shallow breaths, overcome by anger.

"Lord Kaos? Are you shouting to yourself again?" Glumshanks asked nervously, poking his head into the shadowy room, involuntarily letting a little light from the hallway stream in and cut through the eternal blackness. Kaos yelped, startled by the sudden luminescence flooding into his perfectly dark room.

"CLOSE THE INFERNAL DOOR, YOU IDIOT!" Kaos screamed at the top of his lungs, sitting bolt upright, "HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO THINK WITH THAT IDIOTIC, GLISTENING LIGHT INFILTRATING MY SANCTUARY OF WICKEDNESS AND EVIL!?!?"