SEVENTEEN || DISTRACTED

Harry

I wake up tracing circles on Amethyst's bare backside, her deep sleep continuous with my touch. Her skin is soft and soothing underneath my fingers and I dread having to get up for the day.

Carefully I move out of bed and walk to the window, not surprised by the items of clothes strewn all over the floor.

I open the curtains and look outside, the sun barely making its way over the trees. It's early, but I still have my duties as an alpha. I'm used to being an early riser.

I'm about to open the French doors to the balcony when I hear a rustle in the sheets, followed by a quiet mumble.

I spin around and see Amethyst with her head against the pillow, her eyes lazily grazing over me.

"You're very naked this morning," She comments, a glint of humor in her stare.

I chuckle, a small smirk instantly rising to my lips. "Nothing you haven't seen before."

She smirks and raises an eyebrow with a gaze lowered past my torso, and I fight the urge to jump back into bed with her and forget all of my priorities.

But that's in a different life.

"I need to shower," I blurt out, getting out my head and walking into the bathroom. I quickly turn the nozzle and let the water run, stepping underneath the stream, shaking my head at how much of an idiot I am.

I left her there in the bed. I should've went back.

I press my hands against the cold tile of the shower, letting the water flow over my body. My thoughts are the only audible things at the moment.

When I feel a pair of hands wrap around my waist, I instantly recognize Amethyst's careful touch. A relieved sigh escapes me and I turn around to look at her, completely bare and beautiful in my sight. My mouth opens slightly as water trickles down her body between her breasts, my hands instantaneously moving to her skin.

I'm starting to think committing treason will be heaven with this angel.

No words are exchanged between us as my lips press against the base of her neck, biting and sucking in hunger and want. A small moan of pleasure escapes her, the sound of her voice enough to drive me mad. I can't help it as one of my hands trails underneath her thigh and lifts it, wrapping it around my body.

Our eyes are locked and water continues to spray all over us while we become slick and sweaty, our kisses heavy and messy all at once.

I could get used to this.

///

"What are we doing today?" Grayson asks as we walk into the study.

"Surveying new territory. I've been drawing lines and communicating with neighboring clans and we think it's time for a change," I reply, sitting down at my desk.

"Shouldn't be too difficult," Derek comments. "Will Gabe be back in time?"

I shake my head. "He should be back within a few days. We'll take a group of the guards with us."

Grayson's face shows his obvious anticipation for the question I know he wishes to ask. I can see it in his eyes.

He wants to know if Amethyst will be coming.