0: The Future

GATSBY. The wild in the air, the dazzling bright hues of yellows and reds that tangle together on the backdrop of a mansion. White and black dance in unison to the blaring music. It cascades down the spiraled staircases and floats across the keys of the criss crossed rhythm of the Charleston. There's always action; there's always nothing but a mindless, numbing blur of action.

Yet still there's a reason.

There's a reason for the bright lights, a reason for the champagne bubbles and the wicked smiles, and the laughter of a thousand women with their cares tied around their necks in pearl nooses. There's a reason for the blue tie, the white jacket that glistens with the taste of the expensive. A reason for the people floating through the doors, a reason for everything in this world of his. Of Gatsby's world.

Yet I'm an outsider, and still I have a reason.

A reason only now coming clear with a gun pressed gently to his head. The reason I'm at this party to begin with, the reason there's giggle juice in my hair when there's no one left to laugh, and music reminiscent on the fingers pressed tight against the trigger.

I'm here for one reason: to kill the man I love.

To kill Gatsby.

-------
A/N
Hey guys! It's been a while but I'm back at it again! Just want to say thanks for sticking through my hiatus and I hope you guys enjoy this little short (16 chapters! :o) story <3
Also Gatsby is supposed to mirror the character but this is not a fan fiction!