Chapter 7 *Finale*

Laurance's POV

It's been about a month since the incident with that odd dimension, I haven't returned back to Aphmau's place since that day. I've been mostly hanging out with Travis, we're working on things together. But I still can't help but be curious about what Aphmau has been up to lately, I sure hope she hasn't been talking to herself thinking I was there. You know what, I think I'll go see how things are going on where Aphmau is, I just have to tell Travis.

"Travis?"

"Yea, Laurance?" 

"I'm going to go see how things are over at Aphmau's."

"Fine with me, you live there, after all." He said with a snicker.

I headed over to Aphmau's. When I got there, she was getting ready for something. It must be something fancy, she's wearing a dress. I then hear the doorbell ring, I walk over to it. Aphmau opens the door, to my surprise it was Garroth. He was dressed all fancy too. Wait.. wait a min... they're both dressed fancy and they just went to his car... oh no.. oh no... so this is what happens when I'm not back for a month! I think... they're going on a date. This is the worst, I can't even go spy! Maybe it's for the best? What am I supposed to do now? 

I freaked out for a long time after that, Travis ended up having to calm me down. Aphmau came back around 8:00. I was relieved to see her but as expected, she couldn't even see me if she wanted to. I follow her as she walks to her bedroom. She pulls out some pictures, I stand next to her. She continues to look at the pictures and begins sobbing. It begins raining hard outside, with loud thunder. I want to comfort her but cannot, I feel angry because of it. There's then a bright flash, I feel myself start to glow red as a feeling of power comes over me. Is this possible? How could I be in my shadow knight form if I am dead? Gone. 

Then it hits me, will this armor protect me from the pain I feel when defining life... connecting the dead to the living? This is my time, I must find out. I tried my very best to control the power that felt as if it was taking over. I feel dominate, I feel... worthy. I can now control this form that I haven't used in so long, after all this time I can use it at my own free will. 

I see her tears falling, every single one hurts me deeper inside. I kneel down, though she still can't see me. I wipe the tears from her face, her eyes widen as she looks up to where I am. I stare into her eyes, she does the same. I see a smile spread across her face as she raps her arms around my neck pushing herself onto me in a huge embrace. I hear her cry silently into my shoulder, I pet her hair to calm her down as I close my eyes. I hear a soft whisper, 

"I've missed you." 

The words repeat in my head. I love her, I know it. I know because... I defined the laws of life for love... just to see her.. happy.

609 Words!

I have been gone for awhile, sorry that this is short but it's a finale chapter! It's also quite lovely! ;) Don't worry! This book isn't going anywhere! There'll be a second on the horizon! I love you all so much and hope you enjoyed this chapter, byee! ~Taylor