Nightmare

Dipper groaned, curling up and holding his head, which was aching like hell. He couldn't concentrate on anything clearly, only the trunk of a tree somewhere in front of him. Everything else was blurry in his dizziness. He didn't bother trying to stand, where would he go? He didn't know which way was home. Not in this condition. He squeezed his eyes shut for a second or two, trying to calm down and breathe, getting into steady rhythm after a while and slowly blinking. He couldn't see the tree trunk anymore. Had he moved? No...something was blocking it. Someone was standing there! He flinched, and before he could scramble away he was picked up by the back of his vest.

"Oh, look what I've found! A fallen Pine Tree." A familiar echoing voice cackled. Dipper yelped and flailed, but his feet weren't touching the ground anymore. Sometimes he hated being short. When his vision focused, he was surprised to see not a demon triangle with one eye, but a human. Well, not a human, a human form. It was Bill, but he had a bright yellow head of hair and a normal human face, a top hat he guessed was there somewhere, and an eyepatch covering his right eye. The world around them was frozen, black and white. He'd been pulled into the Dreamscape.

"...Bill?" Dipper croaked, almost cringing at how awful his voice sounded. He really did need sleep. He glared, crossing his arms over his chest as if hugging himself, as the journal was in his vest. "What did you... What do you want?!" He stopped himself from asking why he had a human form, that didn't really matter at the moment. Bill seemed to sense what he was about to ask anyway and smirked. It was extremely unsettling to see that guy actually smirk, now that he had a mouth and all.

"Any fond of my new look? I thought it needed a change." Bill snickered. Dipper scowled.

"I-I don't care about that! What do you want?! Put me down!" He flailed again, to no obvious avail.

"Aw, Pine Tree, you know I only ever wanna be buddies!~" Bill shrugged and grinned creepily, dropping Dipper to the forest floor. Dipper didn't look the slightest bit amused.

"Then you might as well just leave. I have waaay too many reasons to hate you to be your friend or even moderately like you."

"Well, that's the spirit." Bill muttered flatly. "I don't know why you can't see the similarities between us!~ We would make a great team." He flipped upside down in his hovering nonchalantly.

"We have no similarities, Bill." Dipper stood, wobbling slightly but trying to look bigger in front of the tall demon. He already didn't like this new form of his. "I'm a good person that actually cares about the people around me! I don't try to, oh, I don't know, destroy the world?!"

"Caring about the people around you, huh? I wouldn't think Shooting Star would say the same. More like scaring the people around you." Bill chuckled darkly. Dipper flinched. How did he know? "I'm always watching, y'know. I wasn't kidding when I said that, Pine Tree.~"

"Sticking your...now-existent nose into things that don't concern you....—" Bill cut Dipper off there.

"—Is something you do quite often, Pine Tree." Bill's smirk only widened. Dipper opened his mouth to protest, only to feel his face going red. That was true. He always went exploring in the woods, trying to find out the mysteries of Gravity Falls. It wasn't his business, and yet still he did it. "See? We do have similarities!" The demon announced.

"Yeah..one. So what? I'll still never team up with you. Or be your friend, or..whatever." Dipper kept his arms crossed over his chest defiantly.

"That's all that's really needed, don't you think?.. I'll give it time, Pine Tree. Maybe soon you'll...change your mind." Before Dipper could answer, the forest started to get overly windy. He flew back, and suddenly, he snapped awake on the forest floor, staring at none other than the tree trunk from before. He jumped up and stumbled, bumping into a tree and leaning there for a while. That was idiocy! Why would he ever want to team up with Bill?... The more he thought, the more plausible it sounded, so he shook the thought away, found his footing and ran off through the trees toward home.

--------------------------------------------

This chapter is shorter than usual, sorry guys ;-; I just didn't want to drag it out. There will be more in the next chapter!