Walking on, I thought about putting my headphones on so I could listen to more of my latest music discovery, a singer named Harry Styles, but then I decided no on the headphones, just so I could be more aware of my surroundings.

Just before I was about to pass a pretty dark alley, complete with the trash dumpsters and old crates and pallets leaning on brick walls and all, just like in the movies, I thought I heard something, followed by an "umph" sound. I paused to listen. Then I heard it again. And another "umph". Then I started hearing scuffling around, like several people's shoes on the ground. It almost sounded like they were playing basketball. Should I go past? Or not? I stood there, silent, and almost too scared to move.

I finally decided to get against the building on the corner, and peek around. I know. It's stupid. I could have been seen. But the reason the alley was so dark was because there wasn't a streetlight nearby, so it was a dark street, too.

I peeked around. I almost laughed to myself, feeling like I was in an action movie.

But when I saw what the noises were from, I wasn't mentally laughing anymore.

HARRY'S POV:

Yep. I sure did take a wrong turn. Stupid alcohol. Why didn't I just stay with my friends? Because I wanted to see HER. That's why. She drunk texted me, and being stupid and drunk myself, I decided to go see her. She was intriguing, this girl named Sam. I don't know why, though. She was a little too fancy for my usual taste. And I don't usually go with women I meet at a bar, but I was sort of lonely after being on the road the past 6 months, so I figured it'd be someone fun to spend time with...see what happens. She seemed just a bit different than most of the bar chicks. Not so shallow and giggly like the rest. I could actually have a conversation with this girl. That was a good start. Since there was no one I particularly wanted to hang out with at my friend's party tonight, I trekked out on my own to find her apartment. I loved a good after party as much as anyone...but tonight I just wasn't in the mood. It had been a GREAT gig. I was happy with it. The crowd was very responsive. Several people came up to me after, and gave me a good review. I was just sort of tired from so many gigs lately, and in the mood to curl up on a couch with a beautiful woman and chill, instead of party. And luckily, Sam texted, and I had an excuse to leave.

And now here I was, in this sh.itty as.s section of town, not knowing how I even got here. Perhaps I should start learning to drive, yea? Brilliant idea. I'll do that.

AFTER I find somewhere to piss, that is.

I found a dark alley, and figured there would be good. I walked no more than 10 steps in, to block myself with the trash dumpster, when I heard someone running from across the street. Two people, actually.

I turned back, and they were right there at me already. Two guys. Asking me for my money and my phone.

I guess I didn't respond quick enough. I was still taking it all in. Still deciding if this was actually real or not. I sure wished I was sober right about now. But they couldn't wait for all those thoughts to cross through my mind. The man on the right punched me right in the stomach. "Umph!" That sure hurt. Then he punched me right in the face as I doubled over in pain. The man on the left kicked with his leg and whipped it behind my knee so it gave out underneath me. I almost fell to the ground but I managed to keep my balance and stand back upright and look at them. Helloo Harry....time to fight. Get your wits about you and get to it! It IS real! I made a fist and was ready to swing, when the first guy punched me in the stomach again! Same. Fvcking. Spot. "Umph!!"

Are you kidding me!?

I doubled over again, and the other man got behind me, and knealt down, so when the first guy gave me a slight push, I fell right over top the other guy, and landed on my back. Oldest trick in the book. And I just, literally, fell for it. Jesus Christ. Really? I hit my head on the ground, too. I saw stars immediately, which pissed me off, because I couldn't see anything else, to try and defend myself. Both men then stood over top of me, and started kicking and punching me. Relentlessly. Just over and over. It wasn't as hard as I thought they would kick, but it was hard enough. I couldn't breathe anymore. The wind just kept being knocked out of me. I started coughing, and all I could do was put my arms up over my face and head, to try and guard that. But a shoe managed to make its way through my arms once or twice, and kick me right in the face. Once at the side of my mouth, right where I was already punched, and once overtop of my eye. That hurt.