eleven

I run a hand through my messy hair, a yawn parting my lips as I extend my free arm above my head, feeling the soothing pull of a stretch in my muscles. I let out a small groan as I rub at my eyes, the clock next to the TV telling me that it's way too early in the morning to be awake. I pull the blanket around my shoulders, dragging the plush material behind me as I trudge sleepily towards my bedroom.

I shuffle through the door before flopping onto the bed, dropping the blanket onto the ground in favor of the comforter and sheets messily tucked into my bedframe. I snuggle into the mattress, my head dropping onto my cold pillow.

I close my eyes tight and feel my exhaustion run through my veins, but can't fall asleep, my mind stuck musing over Ashton. I can't seem to the shake the desire to feel his arms around me, his warmth bleeding into my skin as he pulls me tight to his body. I long for the soft and comforting scent that seems to occupy the space surrounding him, his kind eyes and bright laugh a sense of happiness and calm that I crave.

I turn onto my back, the sheets cool under my back but gradually heating up as my body shifts to occupy the space. My eyes fall back open, the soft darkness of the room making the area seem serene yet lonely without him next to me. A small sigh slips past my lips as I flip onto my stomach, pulling my pillow tightly to my chest as I shut my eyes once again, hoping for sleep to take over so that I can see him sooner.

The pattern is draining, each night spent the same way with an insatiable loneliness and an incomprehensible longing for him. Thursday could not come soon enough.

-

I let out a small huff as I regard my appearance in the mirror, dragging the tip of my finger under the swell of my bottom lip to remove the excess trace of gloss staining the skin there. I adjust the sweater on my torso, the thick wool surrounding me in a soft warmth. I glance in the mirror as I grab my purse, tossing my phone into the bag as my eyes evaluate my outfit in the reflective surface. Not my best outfit, but definitely not my worst so satisfied for the moment, I grab my keys and wrap a scarf around my neck before going out the door.

I huddle my face into the scarf as I walk out of the building and to my car, the icy wind cutting through the thick material adorning my body and causing shivers to wash down my frame. I grit my teeth against the cold, my breaths slipping past my lips in foggy clouds that disperse almost as soon as they form.

I slip into my car quickly, slamming the door shut to create a barrier against the frigid air that occupies the space around me. I flip the key, the engine grumbling for a moment before it starts, a relieving burst of warm air puffing out of the vents warming my bare hands and cheeks.

I let the car warm for a few minutes before buckling up and pulling out of the crowded parking lot, careful to avoid the people rushing across the lot into the building. The drive to Ashton's doesn't take long, the few blocks separating us easily diminished to nearly nothing as I pull into his driveway 5 minutes later.

I shut off the car before grabbing my purse, sliding out of the car and walking up the sidewalk with a growing smile on my face. A hint of nerves makes itself known in my stomach but I do my best to ignore it, instead turning my attention to the door as I go to knock. My knuckles rap against the door only once before it opens, a sheepish and smiling Ashton pulling the door open and greeting me with a grin. I let out a small laugh at his eagerness opening the door, his pink cheeks enough indication that he had been awaiting my arrival.

"Elsie!" A small voice squeals in excitement, the toddler pushing through her father's legs to crash into me, my arms tucking under her arms to swing her up into my arms. "Hey princess," I reply with a smile, pressing a small kiss to her chubby cheek as she hooks her arms around my neck for a hug.

"I'm feeling the love over here," Ashton interjects with a small pout, his lips soon breaking the frown in favor of a dimply smile as I reach out my free arm to bring around him. He complies immediately, wrapping his arms around the both of us for a hug, his head dipping to press a kiss against my temple as he does.

"I missed you," He whispers, his breath hot against my ear as the words sink in, my lips mirroring his actions to reply with the same.

Feeling Maisie shiver in my arms, I break our embrace reluctantly, following Ashton into the warm house as he shuts the door behind us. I gently place Maisie on the ground, her sock covered feet already in motion the moment she hits the floor as she rushes towards the kitchen, her small hand clutched to mine to drag me along with her.

I let her pull me along, Ashton's hand sliding into my free one as his stride meets with mine. We enter the kitchen, several items strewn about the counters in a sort of organized chaos. "Maisie insisted that we made a treat for you, but we ran out of time so I figured if it was okay with you we could make it together?" He asks, gesturing to the ingredients scattered about the kitchen and to the beaming toddler standing in front of us.

"Sounds good to me," I assure, stepping towards the counter as Maisie lets out a small giggle of joy. "So, what're we making?" I ask, the random assortment of food lain on the counter not much of a clue to what they were trying to make.

"We were just gonna go simple with brownies," Ashton replies, pulling out a tin of cocoa and a small bag of chocolate chips from a cabinet to add to the pile. "I have to say; I make a pretty mean brownie," He muses, the afterthought slipping past his lips with a small smirk as he pulls some bowls and spoons out of the cabinets.

"I guess I'm gonna find out, now won't I?" I tease as I sit down on a stool, pulling Maisie onto the stool next to me so she can reach the counter to help.

Ashton simply lets out a hum in reply, busying himself with measuring out the necessary amounts of ingredients and dumping them into the largest bowl. At some point he reaches over to turn on a radio hiding in a small corner of the counter, his lips parting to sing along to the songs echoing out of the speakers.

"Keep on whispering in my ear, tell me all the things that I want to hear 'cause it's true, that's what I like about you," He belts out suddenly, using the wooden spoon as a microphone as he turns towards me, his golden curls messily falling atop his forehead as he sings the lyrics to me. Ashton abandons the spoon for my hand, dropping the makeshift microphone onto the counter in favor of dancing goofily around the kitchen with me in tow.

Maisie joins in quickly, her small bursts of laughter weaving into the song filling the small room. Ashton pulls me towards him, his large hands gripping my hips and tugging till I'm flush against him, his arms shifting from my waist around to my back as he hugs me to him.

He slows down, swaying us gently to a beat only he can hear, the song much quicker than the slow shifts of our bodies. I take a breath and shut off my mind, instead living in the moment of pure joy and happiness that I never wanted to end. I let my head fall onto Ashton's chest, his fingers twisting into my hair as his lips press small kisses against my forehead, the world around us being completely forgotten.

That is, until the brownies ended up on the floor.

---

long time no update and for that I am so so sorry so here's a quick update for ya! I hope you guys are doing well and remember that I love you! 

Please vote, comment, and share cause it would mean the world to me :)

Have a good night/day wherever you live!

Thank you!

-Eryn xx