Niall Horan, sub teacher!

Start from the beginning

“What happened?” Niall asked, amusement all over his face. Ally pouted and Liam held back a smile.

“They were making out!” Harry shouted out.

Some people in front of us turned around and shook their heads laughing. Louis slapped his head and told him to shut up. We bantered for about 10 minutes before Niall shoved the last bit of his apple slices into his mouth and cleared his tray from the table.

“Wanna come with me?” Niall asked with his mouth full. Not sure what he was talking about, I nodded anyways and quickly ate some more.

What did Niall wanna do for the rest of lunch? We had at least 15 more minutes. Would he take me somewhere private and finally kiss me?

 Ever since we kissed briefly in Niall’s driveway two weeks ago, Niall only kisses my forehead and if I’m lucky, my cheek near my lips. But nothing more.

Niall picked up my tray and dumped the last bit of my food into the right trash cans. He took my hand and wiggled in and out of the tables looking for someone. Finally he stopped at a tale of freshman and couple of sophomores I recognized from next door to my Advisory.

“Wanna go, bro?” Niall clapped a boy on the shoulder. When he turned around, I recognized the face. It was Travis from the hallway.

“Yeah, one sec!” He jumped up and threw away his stuff. As we quickly walked down the hall, Niall introduced us.

“Travis, this is Amber. Am, this is Travis.”

“Hi Travis.” I smiled at him on Niall’s right.

“Niall, you never told me you have a girlfriend.” He gently punched Niall.

“Really? Well, I do!” Niall smiled and me and kissed my forehead.

Travis laughed. “Yeah, I was wonderin’ about that.” Travis spun his combination and threw his locker open. He bent down and picked up a soccer ball. He tossed it to Niall who easily caught it with one hand. Travis exchanged some books quickly and shut his locker. We swiftly walked down the hall and turned to go outside. Apparently. We were laughing at something Travis said when Niall slowed his pace. He turned his ear like he was listening for something. He dropped my hand and tossed the ball back to Travis. After shedding his backpack, he broke into a jog, rounded the corner and sprinted over to the track shed.

“What…?” Travis asked. I had a bad feeling about this. What did Niall hear?

I shrugged and dropped my backpack like Niall did. Travis dropped his things and I ran after Niall. And if you’re wondering, yeah, it’s hard to sprint through frozen grass with Uggs on. As I neared Niall, I could hear what he was running after. I turned around the shed and gasped. On the ground was a very beat up sophomore, maybe junior, and a group of seniors around him. Niall puffed out his chest and was standing up to who I guessed was the lead guy. His 4 followers were backing off, watching as Niall yelled at him. I slowed my pace down and checked out the followers and the lead guy. No wonder the poor guy looked like he does!

“What? You think this is fun? Huh? Let me tell you something. It’s not. Yeah, it’s not fun being beat up. I understand what you’re doing. What you wanna accomplish from this. It’s not worth it. I know what it makes you feel like. It feels pretty good, right? I know how it does. But you have to stop it. All of you. You can’t go around beating up random people. Even if they tick you off. Just walk away. You could kill someone one day.” Niall yelled at him and bumped his chest against the leader’s, causing him to move backwards. He fell on the grass and Niall knelt down beside him. His speech got more aggressive as he threw in more and more swear words.