Niall Horan, sub teacher!

CHAPTER 14

**2 weeks later**

“Hey beautiful.” Niall’s thick Irish accent tickled my ears as he wrapped his arms around me from behind.

“Hey Ni. Ready for lunch?” I asked as I shoved my Spanish and geometry book into my locker. I took out my side bag that carried all my personal stuff and slipped it over my shoulder.

“Yeah. Let’s go, I’m starving!” Niall let me turn around and shut my locker. I turned and saw him grinning at me.

“You’re so cute when you’re hungry. Nothing makes you smile bigger than food does.” I laughed and slipped my hand into my gorgeous boyfriend’s.

Niall pouted. “You make me smile big too.”

“But food has a magical power over you. Me? Maybe not so much.”

Niall’s reply was mumbled and lost into the crowd of 2nd lunch people.

“Hey Travis!” Niall grinned and raised his hand in a high five. A short, skinny freshman smiled up at Niall as he closed his locker. “Travis” smacked his hand.

“See you at practice, huh? Let’s work on that footing of yours some more.” The boy nodded and smiled at me. He turned around and went off with his friend standing by him.

“Oh well, by all means, I’m not wondering what that was about!” I teased.

“Travis is a freshman who wanted to get into soccer. I saw him messing with a soccer ball at lunch a couple days ago and I joined him. Only ate half my lunch,” Niall pouted but then smiled. “But it was worth it. I like helping people.” Niall said.

Smiling to myself, we navigated through the halls and to the commons. I can’t believe how far Niall’s gotten. One day he was beating up every kid who messed with him, cussing at teacher, showing up late to class… then the next week, he’s giving teachers flowers, apologizing to the principal, and playing soccer with  little 9th graders!

 I sighed and looked up at him. He’d done so much. And for me, too.

Flashback:

Liam: Niall, you’re so different now. Because of Amber?

Niall: Yeah. Because of Amber. And all of you guys too.

Harry: Us?

Niall: You all wanted me to be a different person. The Niall I was before. For a while, I was asking myself why I was always so angry and everything towards people. And when my ‘crush’ on Amber grew and I wanted to go out with her, Liam told me I had to change first. That was sorta the breaking point for me. Because of her love and how you guys have treated me, I’ve changed. Back to me real me. I never thought it could be done….but it happened. All thanks to you guys and her.

Louis: That’s so sweet of you Niall!

Zayn: Group hug!

I remember running back downstairs to my bedroom. I’d been spying on them and that’d be bad if they found me. I hugged my pillow and giggled loudly to myself. Niall Horan. Changing for the better and for me. What else did I want?

“Whatda smilin’ about?” Niall motioned for me to pick up my tray.

“Mmm nothin’” I lied and followed Niall to the utensil bar. We picked out forks and straws and made our way to our table.

 “Hey love birds!” Ally laughed as Liam handed her some napkins.

“You clumsy thing you!” Zayn laughed and pointed to her wiping up some slipped juice.