Chapter 2

*Chapter 2*

 I run by shops and I bump into some people along the way. The mall is pretty much packed with people. I crane my neck and let out a sigh of relief. I can see the restaurant from here. I'm almost there. 

Passing by a mom with her kid, I run faster. I was just running straight, almost out of breath when a force, so hard, made me fall off my feet. For a second there, I can't see anything. Just black.

"Ouch." I hear someone say. I'm shaking my head, trying to compose myself. What just happened?

"Hey. You alright?"

"Uh." I look up, blinking a few times, before I can see a blurry image and then saw him clearly. He held my hand, trying to help me get up.

"Sorry about that." He smiled a crooked smile. He's pretty cute, with that blond hair, blue eyes, tall physique. He's wearing a plain white shirt with jeans on. I look down as I fix myself. He doesn't look familiar.

"Uhm, It's alright." I smile. "I'm fine."

"Well," He touched my shoulder. "Sorry about that. Gotta run." He passes by me. I look back. What a guy.

Just a few more steps to take then I'll get to the restaurant. I'm passing by a shop when I thought, in the corner of my eye, I saw Faith. I stop then look into the shop for a moment. I look up to see a big sign that says HONEY. A make-up shop. I snort.

I come in the shop, the bell ringing as I stepped in. "Good morning, Ma'am" A saleslady, wearing too much make up on greets me with a wide smile. I smile back.

Faith is testing a lip gloss, tapping her lips here and there as she looks in a mirror. She didn't even notice me beside her so I tap her.

She flinched. "Hey." She says, clearly surprised. "Mom's worried. Where have you been?"

"Doesn't matter. I'm here now." The store is small and filled with all sorts of cosmetics you can ever imagine. The stores' smell is intoxicating.

"Let's go." I say. "I can't stand this."

She raises an eyebrow thinly plucked. "Stand what?"

"Everything that's in here."

"Make-up's not bad." She defends, patting more lip gloss and puckering her lips. "It's every girls' need."

"Well, not mine." I say. I don't like make-up. I don't even wear it on special occasions. Powder is enough for me and that is not make-up. "Mom and Dad are waiting?" I ask.

She gets another lip gloss and starts patting some on her lips again. "Yup."

"Well then let's go." I insist.

"Okay. Okay." She hands to the saleslady the lip gloss she was holding. "I'll take this one please." She smiles then the saleslady led us to the counter.

"Mom's pissed?" I ask her again. "That'll be seven dollars." The saleslady says who's the cash registrar too.

"Um." Faith says as she hands two crumpled five dollars from her pocket. "She's taking out your favorite food which means she is."

"You already ate?"

"Yup." The saleslady gives her the change along with a small paper bag. "Thanks." She says to the saleslady with a smile. We exit the shop and start walking towards the restaurant. 

"You didn't tell me that."

"You didn't ask."

I roll my eyes. "Whatever." I take a deep breathe then sighed. Mom's pissed. I'm dead. I'm not sure what'll happen next so I better get ready.