Caskett: A royal romance, Chapter 31

NEW CHAP GUYS !!!!!

.....................................................................................................................

Rick closed his laptop and took his phone out, dialing Lanie's number. "Hey Rick!" Lanie said and RIck smiled. "Hey lane, Listen Kate and I's anniversary is coming up and I wanna take her to New York." he said knowing Kate was homesick. Lanie smiled and listened to his plan and began writing what he needed down. 

"Got it!" "And I'll need to book a hotel." He said and Lanie stopped him. "Woah woah woah! You two will stay with me and Javi." She said and Rick shook his head. "We couldn't impose." He said and she shook her head.

 "No buts." She said and he laughed. "You're the best." He said and she smiled. "What about Anna?" She asked and Rick smiled. "Well since you're her godmother and all..." "OMG are you bringing her?!" She screamed and Rick laughed. "Yep, so you wanna be baby sitter for a few days?" He asked already knowing the answer. 

"Duh." She said and RIck smiled. "Great." He said. "When do you think you'll be here?" She asked and he looked at his calendar. "Around February 13th." He said and Lanie wrote the date on her calender. "Yay! I'll see you in a few weeks!" She said and then hung up.

 RIck smiled and stood up just in time to see Anna running towards him. He laughed as Penny and Lucky came running behind her. "Where's mommy?" He asked and Anna pointed toward the garden area. Rick kissed her head and let her nanny take her to her room. 

As he began walking out Maurice walked up to him with a letter in his hand. "This just arrived sir." He said and Rick thanked him and then opened it. "To His Highness..." Rick began to read the letter and when he got to the end his eyes widened and he dropped the letter by accident. He began to feel nauseous as he walked out. 

One of the maids picked the letter up and handed it to him. He thanked her and slowly walked outside. Kate was humming something to herself as she read a book, sitting on one of the swings near the rose bushes. She heard footsteps and looked up to see Rick pale walking towards her. 

She got concerned and stood up and placed her hands on his face. "Babe what's wrong?!" She said and he just hugged her close to him. Kate wrapped her arms around his neck and he felt like crying. He let go and took the letter from his pocket and handed it to her then sit on the wing with his head in his hand.

 Kate took a deep breath and began reading it. (To His highness, we are sorry to inform you that on her trip to Spain, your mother unfortunately passed away from a heart attack on the plane. Before they crossed the border it happened so her body will be brought to the Funeral Home owned by the royal family. Our deepest regrets.)

"Oh Rick." She said and she went into his arms letting her tears fall as well. "It can't be true Kate." He said and she sniffled. "Shh.." She whispered and he began to let his tears fall harder. He wouldn't sob in front of Kate, as much as he wanted to he wouldn't. 

"Darling why are you two so depressed." Martha said as she walked towards them and Rick and Kate's eyes widened. "What the.. But but.. Your.. dead!" Rick said and Martha raised her eyebrow. "I can assure you I'm not dead." She said and Rick handed her the letter.

 She read it and shook her head. "I wasn't even going to Spain dear! Someone must be pulling a tick on you." She said and Rick's face went red. "If someone is playing me then they will pay." He said and he stood up. Kate who was just glad Martha was alive hugged her and Martha smiled. 

"I bet in a few minutes I'll be furious as well." She chuckled and Martha laughed as well. "I'm so sorry you two thought something happened to me!" She said and Kate sighed. "I'm just glad you're alive." She said and Martha kissed her head.

 "Now you go check on your husband." She said and Kate nodded. Rick needed to be calmed right now. She ran inside and saw him talking to one of the body guards. "I've got men on it already sir." He said and Rick nodded. 

He saw Kate and gave a smile for her. "Hey." He said and she hugged him. "I'm sorry." She whispered and he hugged her tighter. "When i find whoever.." "Babe she's alive, but yes whoever did this doesn't need to be let off the hook." She said and he nodded.

 "This is one of those moments when I really wish my dad was here to tell me what to do." He said and she kissed him sweetly. "You'll know what to do." She said and he slightly smiled. "I hope so." He said.

............................................................................................................................

LIKE OK HOLD ON I JUST PULLED A CRAZY CARD !!!! DID I MAKE YOU CRY AND THEN MAKE YOU MAD... HAHAHA !!!! COMMENT AND VOTE ;) !!!!!!!!