The Gum In His Hair (+)

Carl's pov:
We found this group of three, there's a mother of two boys named Cathy, the younger of the two was about Judith's age named Connor there was also a boy around my age named Adam. We were going back to the house, the group lived in to collect their supplies to bring back to the prison. After a short amount of walking we found the house, it was in good shape, it was this pale blue two story house, simple really.  

We walked up the old creaky stairs onto the small porch, we opened the door with caution ready for anything to pop out from the inside of the old house. I rested my hand on the handle of my knife, well walking in slowly sighing when seeing a well put together house that looked like it hasn't been effected by the apocalypse outside. It had nice artwork hanging on the walls along with some shelf's with family photos of the family we meant except there was this man we have yet to meet he was tall and skinny looking almost identical to Adam just a lot  older. There was water and boxes along with cans of food on the table neatly. It was weird the baby was chubby and the mom looked as though she never went hungry but  Adam looked as if he hasn't eaten in days. Out of the corner of my eye I see Adam walking up the stairs, I decide to follow not knowing what he could be hiding.  

                     Adam's pov:
I go up the stairs and walk into the room, me and Connor share. I grab my backpack and stuff my clothes into it, well my 4 pairs of jeans, 2 sweat shirts, and 6 T-shirts. I grab all my ammo and reload my gun and put the rest in my bag. I heard the creak of the door opening a little, I reached for my knife not yet pulling it out just resting my hand on it ready to stab anything that makes a threat. I turned around shocked, to see a boy about my age he was Ricks son, Carl i think. I shake my head as if dismissing him and then swing my bag over my shoulder. I walk by him bumping shoulders as if it were to tell to leave me alone. I walk down the stairs slowly to hear Rick say. "Ok, we should get going."

                        Carl's pov:
We head out, we only took one car so it was going to be cramp my dad is the driver and Daryl in the passenger seat. Then in the back was me in the middle, well Adam was on my left and his mom and baby brother on my right. I watch as Adam looks out the window, he looks so sad and scared and happy at the same time but I was getting curios were dose those cut and bruises come from.

After 5 minutes of awkward silence when we finally get to the prison Carol unpacks the food I talk to Patrick and the new family gets settled in. I don't know why but dad gave them 2 cells one with Connor and Adam the other for their mom, but there right next to each other, his moms is the last cell so it's right next to the wall and Adams and Connors is between mine and there moms. My dad said we would show them around tomorrow  and let them meet everyone tomorrow so they can get settled in.

                     -Time skip-

It's late now, the sun is going down. I'm in my cell, reading a comic I got on a run last week. I glance up to see Adam crying, he's being pulled by his hair down the hall by his mom. He's kicking her trying to get away, his mom notices me and says "He had gum stuck in his hair "        
                       I believed it

                      Adams pov:
My mom told Carl I had gum in my hair and that she was trying to help me. She dragged me out to the court yard and hit me and cut me with my own knife, I dint do anything to stop her she told me if I told anyone she would start doing the same to Connor, she also told me the fact that I was worthless except for her private punching bag. So I let her do it I know it's wrong but I can't let Connor go through the same thing I did.