Pride (傲骨)

Hi guys!

I'm baaaacccckkkk!!!

I'm REALLY REALLY SORRY for not updating sooner~~~ My midterms just killed me...I swear sometimes I'm not sure why I even took Chemistry...I feel like a masochist - getting hit and liking it lol. Aaanyway, after the midterms, I sorta had a me me me time and read a bunch of other yaoi stories ORZ ....

I'm back now, though, and I'll try to update my other 2 stories as well :) I hope you guys enjoy this chapter.

Chapter 3

It's been one whole month since His Young Highness Choi Seng Cheol first set his eyes on his concubine, Yoon Jeong Han.

Almost as if under a charm, every thing about his concubine brings his blood to a boil: from his beautiful slender hands that pluck away at the Guzheng, to his soft voice that feels like a caress on Seung Cheol's body. From his lithe, svelte gait that cinches at the hips, where Seung Cheol wants to leave marks the shape of his hands when he drives into Jeong Han, to the collar bone beneath that pale skin - so pale you can almost see the veins running under, Seung Cheol wants to bite, to suck, to mark the skin, to break the veins, to make sure that everyone who even so much as look at his concubine, fully realize that the male belongs to him and him alone.

But, as beautiful as Jeong Han is, his beauty alone is not what drives Seung Cheol up the wall in desire, the daegun has seen males more beautiful. It's his wisdom. His intelligence. His knowledge. His passion whenever he talks of reformation in Hojo, of lowering taxes and agricultural policies. His understanding of literature and Confucianism, every character written showing the years of hard work and the personality if their writer (*). This. All of this, just kills Seung Cheol. Here is a person that is not his inferior. Here is someone that understands him. Here is someone that will match him blow for blow, strike for strike. That exhilaration whenever they have a particularly heated debate on Foreign Policies, or any other topic, excites him, arouses him. His mind recognizes its equal, and rejoices in every spar of intelligence, and his body, the male species that it is, seeks to dominate, to subvert, to make the other male surrender. To mate.

For a month, every day without fail, the Grand Prince would visit the North Wing Pavilion. He would summon the concubine to mieumsang, he would stop by after the court sessions for afternoon meals, and he would have his eveningsura there, and stay long after, until the moon is high on the sky. But he would never stay for the night. He can sense that Han, his naegwan, is confused. Everyone in the residence is confused. If the Grand Prince is not bedding his concubine, then the male should be falling out of favour, but gifts keep coming every day, and except for no intercourse, His Young Highness spends most of his time with Jeong Han. To be able to discuss politics with your Lord Husband in a time where wives and concubines virtually has no saying outside of family business, is a sign of how favoured the concubine is. Yet no bedding.

Truthfully, even Seung Cheol himself is frustrated. He desperately desires Jeong Han. His whole body heats up whenever he thinks of having intercourse with the other male: to tease that slim body until it flushes pink from arousal, to sheath himself inside that wet, tight heat until they can't be told apart, to invade that beautiful mouth and make it moan out the sounds that only Seung Cheol can hear - his name. To be truthful, after every night, Seung Cheol and his hands has become best friends. That's how sexually frustrated he is.

He wants to brutally possess Jeong Han. He wants to act upon his fantasies, to taint the other male with his sexual carnality until his scent is painted on Jeong Han. But, there are times when they are together, when he envisions himself with a scroll in his hands and his head on Jeong Han's lap, and they do nothing but talk away, soft and quiet, or in the night, the concubine is in his arms, and they entwine each other, and do nothing but fall asleep to the other person' heartbeat. And that scares the daegun. That tendre. That his visions of life with Jeong Han fulfills him in a way even his carnal fantasies cannot. That he could feel this happy thinking about doing mundane things with someone. Because despite his seemingly friendly appearance, he has never developed any tenderness for any of his partners, regardless of how his partners may feel about him. Business is business. He pays them, and they give him his relief.