23. Key to my Heart

Start from the beginning

"Thank you! I haven't done this since I was a kid," I said, looking at the grey horse who snorted in my palm. A young man- no, a boy who was probably only around sixteen came out, and unclipped the horses from the post.

"Hey, I'm Tristan, and I'll sort of show you guys the ropes before you two can go out on the trails by yourself." It was a rather quick lesson, he helped us get up onto the horse, and taught us how to make the horse walk, trot, and turn. We did a few circles around the paddock until he was satisfied, and let us out. "Stay on the path with the red markers, it'll take you around an hour and a half to finish it, and I'll be here when you get back." We left slowly, riding side by side. I was quiet for a while until I felt Harry's eyes on me.

"Yeah?" I said, looking his way.

"Nothing. You're just so... perfect." I sighed deeply.

"I hate to break it to you, but no one's perfect."

"But you are."

"I'm not, Harry."

"You are, no have absolutely no flaws, an-"

"You're kidding me right? No flaws? My hair split's so easily, My eyelashes are so short, my eyebrows are too big, my nose is too long, I work out so much because if I didn't I would gain a pound by sniffing a slice of cake. My lips are too small, I'm too short, I-"

"No! Don't say that, you're perfect."

"But that's the thing Harry, I'm not. No one is. The closest we can get to perfect is accepting your flaws, and making them part of you."

"I... I guess you're right. But you're perfect to me."

"But you're perfect, to me," I sang back to him.

"I won't let these little things slip, out of my mouth."

"Cause it's you, it's you, oh it's you, they add up to,"

"And I'm in love with you."

"And all these little things," I finished, laughing a bit.

"Was that cheesy?"

"That was definitely cheesy, but it was a cute cheesy." I felt the cool wind hit my face, and shivered ever so slightly. "It's getting cold in England, huh?"

"Yeah. Mid- October, about time." We fell silent again for a few minutes, before I interrupted it.

Are you up to flying out to L.A for a week or so?"

"L.A? That's pretty far."

"So is Sydney. And it's warm in L.A, and I'm sure you have friends you want to visit, and there are beaches, and Disneyland! And Universal, and shopping, an-"

"Then let's do it, let's go to L.A!" I grinned, biting my lip excitedly. There were so many YouTubers I wanted to do co-labs with in L.A. One by the name of Tyler Oakley.

"And we can hit up Disneyland!"

"And go swimming, and shopping, and clubbing," Harry finished. I could tell he was excited to go to L.A again, there was a hidden excitement in his voice. "And Zayn might even come, I think Perrie's in L.A too!"

"So it's set? When we get back, we'll book a few tickets and fly out to L.A!"

The ride ended far too soon, and I found us walking around a small park.

"The sunset's beautiful," I murmured, leaning my head slightly on Harry's shoulder.

"Just like you." A few more golden rays could be seen peering out from behind the skyline as a cold breeze cause to tense up and shiver. "Do you want my jacket?" Harry asked, as he shrugged it off, draping it over my shoulders.