Chapter 2~ The Fight

++ Hey guys! I have decided to update every Wednesday and Friday. I'll try my best to make sure I don't miss an update but if I do I'll post an extra chapter for each one that I missed. Like usual, please leave comments so I can know what you guys think. Thanks for reading! I hope you like it!

                             Chapter 2~ The Fight

          I watched on terrified for my brother as Christian backed away from the other vampires and they moved in on Desmond.

        "Well then, Desmond I guess your time has come. But before we take your life, where's that little sister of yours?" Adrian was slowly circling Desmond. Lissa, Mia, and Aaron were standing in front of Desmond prepared to attack.

         "You'll never find her! Besides even if you do she'll kill you! All of you!" Desmond was fighting against his restraints and I was trying to decide which would be best, attack them, or leave Desmond here and get the others to safety. Just as I was about to use the secret call to tell the others to retreat, there was a loud crack as someone stepped on a twig. I stood perfectly still my eyes focused completely on the vampires that now had their complete focus on the small woods that we were hiding in.

         "Go search the forest. Anyone you find bring to me." Adrian went to stand in front of Desmond while the other vampires made their way towards our hiding place. I watched helplessly as the brave townspeople that came here to help us were found and brought out to Adrian. I felt my heart beat faster as I watched Christian make his way towards me. His ice-blue eyes met mine for just a moment before he moved away from me and back towards the others.

         "Is there anyone else, Christian?" I looked back towards the vampires and my people. Adrian had my brother on his knees and the others were standing with vampires behind them.

         "Nope that was all of them. I just saw a few animals." Why is he lying? I wondered. More importantly why was he lying about me being in the woods. They had said that their masters had "special plans" for me. Who knows? Now I had to find a way to save my people and my brother. Then Lissa screamed, she turned around and I saw a stake stuck into her stomach. She slowly pulled it out then turned toward the man that had attempted to kill her. After that a huge fight broke out. Vampires vs. Humans. My brother and townspeople were doing a pretty good job. Deciding to jump in to help them out when they started losing, I got my silver stake ready. As I started to move out into the meadow, I ran right into someone, but it wasn't just anyone I realized, it was Christian.

        "Move now, and I may save you for last." I knew my threat had no effect on him. One, because he still blocked my way, and two because I really wouldn't be much of a challenge to him. He was taller than me and judging by the size of his muscles he was definitely stronger than me. I hated to admit it but he was hotter than any guy I'd ever seen. Wait! What the hell am I thinking? This guy's a vampire! I hate vampires, all of them. But you don't hate Christian. I mentally told myself to shut the hell up before I slammed my head into a wall or something. Then I turned my attention back to Christian. He opened his mouth as if he was going to say something so I lunged forward and nearly hit him.

        "Is that really the best you can do?" He brushed off my attack like it was nothing then before I could even register what was happening he had disarmed me and restrained me.

        "Let me go!" No matter how hard I tried to get away he didn't let go. I tried to kick him but I missed terribly. Then he turned me toward something and whispered to me.

        "Look over there." I don't know why I listened to him but I did and I regretted it almost immediately. Lying about 20 feet away from us was Desmond, covered in blood and a pool of it was starting to form. Then without my permission I was pulled back into a memory. It was the day my parents had died. I was 16 and Desmond was 19. We were waiting in the living room for our parents to come home from their "mission" to find and infiltrate a vampire hotspot. They'd left that morning promising to be back for dinner. Then the doorbell rang, I jumped up running to the front door. When I opened it though, it wasn't who I was expecting.

        "Where's my mom and dad?" I'd asked. The officer looked won then took off his hat. When his eyes met mine they were full of sympathy and sorrow.

        "Serena, your parents, they- they're dead. Their vehicle was found at the bottom of a hill. Their bodies were discovered a few feet from the car. When we arrived they were already gone. I'm sorry, Serena." The officer drove away that night, and I'd had to tell Desmond the terrible news.

       I was pulled back to reality when someone grabbed my hand. I looked down and saw Desmond he had lost way too much blood and I knew he wasn't going to make it. I looked up and saw Christian.

      "I'll kill you for this. All of you!" I couldn't stop the tears that had already started falling slowly down my cheeks.

      "If you think this is bad just wait. It's going to get much worse." On that note he turned around and with the other vampires left. I turned my attention back to Desmond.

      "Desmond?" I called his name over and over again but I got no response out of him. I was officially the last of my family. I was for all intents and purposes alone.

++ Thanks for reading! Next update this Friday! Leave comments on what you think of the book. Thank you! See you guys later!! Bye! :D