"No!" Meredith ended their little sister quarrel by walking over to a nurses' station where Bailey was standing, waiting for them. Cristina and Courtney shared a look, being sure of the fact that that mocha latte wasn't just any mocha latte.

"George, you're running the code team. Meredith, take the trauma pager. Cristina, deliver the weekend labs to the patients. Izzie and Courtney, you're on sutures." Bailey told them, after seeing her interns stand behind her. She started walking off up some open stairs and the eldest Grey was quick to follow her, still with the tray in hands.

"Doctor Bailey, I was hoping to assist you in the O.R today." Bailey immediately stopped walking and turned around with her eyebrows raised. Courtney let out an Aha, making Meredith glance behind her. "Maybe do a minor procedure? I think I'm ready." Meredith held up the tray with the latte. "Mocha latte?" Miranda Bailey was about to speak, before she got interrupted by the others.

"If she gets to cut, I want to cut too."

"Yeah, I agree with Cristina."

"Yeah, me too." Izzie also added.

"I wouldn't mind another shot. I mean if everybody else is."

"Stop talking. Every intern wants to perform their first surgery. That's not your job. Do you know what your job is? To make your resident happy. Do I look happy? No. Why? Because my interns are whining. You know what will make me look happy? Having the code team staffed, having the trauma pages answered, having the weekend labs delivered and having some people down in the pit doing the sutures!" Bailey said, raising her voice. Her eyes landed on the mocha latte and grabbed it out of the tray, before walking off up the stairs leaving her interns behind. "No one holds a scalpel until I'm so happy, I'm Mary freaking Poppins."

"Mocha latte my ass." Cristina muttered.

"Why you all standing there? Move!" Bailey ordered after seeing her interns standing around doing nothing. They quickly scattered in various directions. Courtney and Izzie went to the pit together to do suture up some patients. They shot each other a smile, before walking up to random patients and asking what they could do. They didn't really have a system. They just picked whoever needed help.

Courtney's first patient was a black-haired lady in her forties wearing the most pretty blouse. She stood at the end of the patient's bed, "Hello ma'am, I'm Doctor Grey. What can I do to help you?" Courtney's eyes landed on the large cut on the woman's finger. "I see. What happened?

"Oh darling, call me Clara." Courtney shot her a small smile, before gently holding out Clara's hand. "I had an accident with my kitchen knife. I was cutting some tomatoes for my spaghetti, when I heard something falling down the stairs. My son is quite the clumsy young man, so I initially thought it was him. It ended up being my son's laundry basket. When I called out for him, I apparently was still cutting up tomatoes." The woman told the intern as she was stitching it up. "So, you're pretty and smart girl. You probably have lots of guys asking you out, huh?"

Courtney laughed, "I'm sorry to disappoint, but there are no guys. Ah, I'm ready and you're all good to go. You just need to go to the nurse outside; she'll help you with the rest." Courtney showed Clara the nurses' desk as she cleaned up her stuff. The blonde continued stitching up people, going from little kids who had fallen off their bikes to young adult men who kept asking her out. She was pretty sure that she had stitched up a few drunk people.

As hours went by, it became more and more crowded in the pit, so the two blonde interns ran from one patient to the next. Courtney was suturing a cut in someone's leg, while Izzie walked up to Mrs. Lu, a middle-aged Chinese woman. "What happened?" Courtney asked her patient, a question she always loved to ask.