Kaldur'ahm x Reader

Start from the beginning

I quickly finished my work and removed the cape. Kaldur ran a hand through his hair and smiled. 
"Amazing." I shrugged and threw the cape over my should. 
"It's just what I do." 

We walked over to the counter and I grabbed the seat behind it, clicking on his appointment. 
"That's-"
"$28?" Kaldur finished, holding out the exact amount of cash. I smirked and nodded, taking the cash and throwing it into the register. 
"So, see you again next month?" Kaldur nodded in agreement. 
"As always."

Kaldur didn't come again the next month. Or the week after that. I had eventually accepted that I screwed up and that Kaldur wasn't coming back to the salon again. That or he only comes in when it wasn't my shift. 

"Another day, another buck." I sighed as I locked the door, shoving my keys into my bag, beginning the long walk to my apartment. I could never find time to buy my own car, and refused to take the bus, claiming that they asked for too much for such a short trip. 

I shivered as I walked along the docks of Gotham City. It was quiet and almost pitch black if it weren't for the dimly lit lamp posts. There never any other people who walked along the docks, too scared that it was the perfect place to get murdered or jumped. But that rarely happens, and when it did, I would take the longer route instead of being the next one in a body bag. 

I noticed a dark figure coming towards me in a hasty pace. I quickly put each individual key between my fingers in pockets in case the man tried to attack me. Oh, I wish I were wrong. 

The man grabbed my arm, unfortunately the one with the keys. He pulled out a gun and shoved it into my rib cage.
"Scream and I'll shoot." He grumbled. I nodded frantically, my entire body shaking although I managed to keep eye contact with my captor. 
"M-my wallet is in my-"
"Oh, we both know it's not your money I want." He smirked down at me with intimidation. I felt my entire body go stiff as I dreaded about the thought of what was going to happen next. 

The mans hand loosened around my arm and trailed up my shoulder onto my face. I took my chance and pulled my hand out, punching the man in the face. I stood shocked at my own movements, taking a single step backwards. 
"You little. . ." The man raised his gun, but before he could fire, a sudden wave of water pushed him over, knocking him to the ground unconscious. 

I looked around to see where the sudden blast of water had come from, and glances over the side of the docks. Nothing. 
"Are you alright?" I gasped at the sudden voice, jumping back and looking at the man who had spoken. I was unable to see his face clearly as he had his back to the nearest lamp post, only just making out the lines of his tattoos and gills on his neck. 
"I'm fine. Just a little shaky." I smiled weakly. The man smiled back and turned around, walking away. It wasn't until he stepped under the light I saw him clearly. 

"Wait, Kladur?!" I yelled, only loud enough so he could hear. He stopped in his foot steps before hanging his head. 
"I knew this would happen. . ." He turned around and walked back towards me until he was at least a foot away. 
"How did you know it was me?"
"I've been doing your hair for almost two years now. You think I wouldn't notice that abnormally blonde hair?" I said, folding my arms across my chest. Kaldur let out a breathy chuckle, glancing away. 

It was silent for a few moments before I spoke up.
"You missed your appointment. . . by at least two weeks I think. Why didn't you come back?" I felt tears crawl into my eyes and I quickly pushed them down. Sure, I liked the guy but I wasn't about to break down in front of him. Kaldur sighed and took a small step towards me. 
"I was afraid that I was getting too close, close that you'd find out that I'm Atlantean. That I'm not who you expected me to be." I shook my head.
"I understand. I would do the same if I had gills." I said, motioning to the side of my neck as if they were really there. 

Another silence.
"There was another reason I stopped showing up," Kaldur paused, "I was also getting too close to. . . you." I stood there with wide eyes, staring into Kaldur's grey eyes as he stared into my (E/C) ones. 
"I was afraid that if I got too close to you, I would end up putting in you in jeopardy." I bit my lip as I stepped towards Kaldur, closing the gap between us to barely three inches. 
"A-are you saying that. . ."
"Yes, (Y/N). I-I have very strong emotions towards you, and I believe love is the correct term for it." Kaldur took a deep breath, "(Y/N), I lo-" I cut him off by leaning up and wrapping my arms around Kaldur's neck, bringing him down and kissing him on the lips. I always expected his kisses to soft and calm like his voice, but instead reflected the opposite when his teeth tugged at the bottom of my lip. 

I hurriedly pulled away with a bright red face, Kaldur's mirroring my own. He took my hand in his and linked our fingers together and I found myself grinning like a high school girl all over again. 
"You know, you owe me for not showing up to your appointment." I stared up at Kaldur as I spoke. 
"A date, perhaps?" I nodded my head. 
"Definitely." 

A buzzing noise pulled Kaldur out of his gaze, pressing a finger to the com in his ear. 
"Yes?. . . alright, I'm on my way." Kaldur looked back at me and smiled before giving me another kiss. 
"I need to-"
"I know, I know. Go kick some butt." I laughed. Kaldur grinned before sprinting and dicing perfectly off the edge of the docks into the water. 

I ran over to the edge and looked across the black ocean. 
"I love you too." I whispered, smiling as I continued my walk home."

~.~.~.~.~.

Ugh, sorry for not updating yesterday! I'm trying to update every second day because i absolutely LOVE doing these! 

Please let me know if you guys want a part 2 of this and don't be afraid to submit any ideas!

((Also 1750+ words guys hella))

Chika chika

Izzie