Broken Kiss

Minho's POV

Another bottle, another cigarette, it helped numb the pain. I slipped in to the bliss of intoxication as the alcohol made its way through my system. The cold of the tile floor on the back of my legs as I lean against the sink, listening to the pulsing of music in the other room. I didn't want company in bed tonight girl or boy I don't feel it tonight. My head grows fuzzy and the room blurs for a few moments before slipping back into sharpness.

The door to the kitchen opens and I see Newt look in. A part of me grins "haya Newtie" I slur lifting up my bottle as a greeting. But instead of smiling back he frowns

"Again Minho?" He asks his tone full of disappointment.

"You look funny when you try to be serious" my jumbled thoughts form the sentence before I giggle.

"Minho you have to stop, I'm your best friend I can't watch you destroy yourself like this. I need you Minho, your mom needs you" he walks over and rips the cigarette from my fingers, dropping if to the ground and stamping it out.

"Get out of my business Newt, your not my mother and she doesn't care what I'd do" I reply in a harsh tone using the countertop as a support. The room spins, a feeling I usually enjoy but now it just makes me feel sick.

"Minho-"

"shut up Newt, don't Minho me, don't give me those sad puppy dog eyes like it will change anything. Nobody cares about me" The room sways and I'm blinded with an unexpected anger. I've always had these flare-ups, it didn't take much to set me off. I have an urge to punch him, I settle for the arm. "I'm just a burden, to big of a nuisance to handle." My first connects with his shoulder and he stops trying to talk, gripping it in pain.

He staggers in pain to the other side of the counter, still clutching his shoulder. "IM TRYING TO HELP YOU" he shouts across the table slamming down both of his palms.

"I DON'T NEED YOUR HELP, I DON'T  NEED ANYBODY. IF YOU REALLY WANTED TO HELP YOU WOULD LEAVE." I scream throwing the bottle straight at his head, he ducks and the glass shatters on the wall behind him. But he doesn't leave, he plants his feet firmly on the ground. I lose my shit, the world blurs and I fall to the ground. I'm so angry, angry at Newt for not leaving, angry at my father for leaving, angry at all my other friends abandoning me, angry at my mother for telling me I'm the whole reason my father left.

I repetitively slam my hands on the glass covered ground, not even feeling the pain. Yelling profanities, hot angry and salty tears slide down my face, making it itch as the dry, and tickle me as some make it down my neck. Every Time my hands slam the ground a fresh wave of anger courses through me.

A pair of arms wrap around me pressing my ands to my sides, attempting to calm me. It does the exact opposite I grab the nearest thing, a knife of the top of the counter. I point it straight at him. "Don't touch me, I hate you Isaac" I drop the stupid nickname.

"You don't mean that" he says scrambling up and taking a step back.

"I do, I hate you" it's not true, I know it isn't I don't hate him. You love him. A voice in the back of my head reminds me. The anger dissipates and all I'm left with is a blank feeling of emptiness, dragging me further into the dark void of depression. My knife clatters to the ground. The room grows fuzzy and increasingly darker, the last thing I feel is my body, exhausted and drunken falling to the ground.

Newts POV

As soon as he's out I rush over to where he lies on the floor just to make sure he's okay. Aside from the cuts and scrapes on his hands he's fine. Then I see his wrists. Thin white scars trail their way up his forearms. "What are you doing to yourself?" I mutter, heartbroken that my best friend is headed down the path of self-destruction. That he is spiraling into darkness, losing a bit of himself everyday. A place where I was once, where I barely clung on to the edges of the whole, where I nearly died.

I manage to drag his body into an upright position, his head resting on the side of the counter. He mumbles something incoherent on his drunken state and his body shifts so his head is on my shoulder. And there I wait for him to wake up.
___________________________
As soon as he wakes up I can tell he's still drunk, not as much as before but he still can't drive himself home, he must've drunk a lot. "Cmon Minho we have to go" I nudge him, gently shrugging him off my shoulder. His eyes groggily blink a few times, squinting at the bright fluorescent lights. "Cmon Minho the party's over" I repeat softly as not to set him off again.

He tried to stand up but almost immediately trips over his own feet. "Careful" I say putting his arm around my neck so he retains balance. Dragging him out the door and into his car is no easy task, I rode my bike here since I heard there was a party and I know how Minho gets at them.

I drive his car to my house so his mother won't worry about him. Thank god my room is downstairs. silently praying my parents won't wake up I get him into my room and he immediately collapses on my bed with a sigh. I tuck him under the covers as I get by his face I hear him mutter something. "What?" I ask. He's nearly asleep now never having woken up completely.

"I said I love you, not like friends. Like love, love you" my heart stops and I turn to look at him, what the hell?

He brings one hand up to cup my fave and pull it closer, I don't move to frozen with shock to react. He closes the gap so his lips meet mine. I can taste the ash from cigarettes and alcohol on his lips creating a slight burning sensation but not a bad one. But it's different for me than him, for me it's like kissing a sibling, meaningless and feeling less, just lips on mine.

I pull back, to tell him I'm sorry, to tell him I don't feel the same. But he's already asleep, and he's left me to ponder about the broken kiss from the broken boy.

Ok hopefully you're still accepting entries😊