She then caught me staring at her in complete confusion. 

"Harry, I always thought there was something up with you and Louis. More of a connection than what he and I had. Not that there was anything wrong with that, since our break up was mutual. Besides, that's another reason why I thought that would be good for us, since I couldn't keep him happy anymore. I knew someone else would. And that could be you."

"M-me?"

Gemma gives me a long, slow nod.

"So you knew all along?" I ask her.

"I had a feeling, Harry. Sister's intuition."

I scoffed, rolling my eyes a bit. "Of course."

"So you're in love with the guy, is that the problem?" 

"Exactly!" I throw my hands up in the air and plunge myself back onto my bed. I flipped my body around to face Gemma again.

"Why would he be interested in having an actual relationship with me? It's a long shot, Gem."

"How on earth would you know that?" 

"He's been ignoring me, and I just can't help but think I've become a bother of some sort to him." I cut her off, emphasizing my dilemma. "And today at the bakery was the first in awhile we've seen each in person. Louis told me he wanted us to catch up soon, and I couldn't control the smile I got on my face at that exact moment." I snatched the nearest pillow and pressed it up against my face and let out a distressed grunt. "Why am I such a hopeless romantic?!"

"Maybe you get it from me." Gemma approaches my side and sits beside me, patting my knee. "But in all honesty, coming from the person that's been around the both of you, there's a bond between you two that many people wish and hope for in a partner. You lads got along so well from the start, from another person's perspective it would seem that you and Lou were more of a couple than he and I seemed the majority of the time. I may not be the one for him, but maybe you are."

I take the pillow off my face, rise up and made eye contact with my older sister. "You're not upset at all about this?"

"Why would I? I care about your happiness and Louis'. You deserve to be in each other's lives as more than friends."

"But you deserve happiness too, Gemma." I gently nudge her, resting my elbows on my knees, hands folded. "You can't just put other people's happiness in front of your own all the time."

"Don't worry about me, Harry. I think what I need is to be content with not being with someone." She sighed, but grinned slightly as she said those words.

"I'm proud of you." I cracked a smile, genuinely.

"Thanks." Gemma turned her body more toward me and sat crossed-legged. "Anyway, I think you should make the first move." Gemma arched an eyebrow while smirking.

"I don't know if I'm ready to kiss him..."

"Says the little cheeky boy that had their first kiss at the park when he was 5 years old."

"I didn't know what the hell I was doing, I was dumb." I shook my head.

"Just like how you are now."

I hit her on the side of her head with the pillow I still had within my grasp. I got shoved by the shoulder in return, and a smug smile also.

"Hey, I'm trying to help." She surrendered, leaning away. "If you really want him, go for it. He won't reject you."

"How would you know that? You haven't even seen him since the break up almost two months ago." I mention, but Gemma gives me a look like I should know better.

"My friends still like having him around as much as I do. Saw him last weekend with the others."

I send a widened glare her way. "And why are you telling me this, now? I thought my days of jealousy with you being with Louis were over."

"I'm telling you this now because I know how he-" She stops her herself in mid-sentence.

"Gemma..." I burrowed my brows in growing frustration.

Right then, she got up and made her way to the door, but once she did, she turned back to me and said, "You'll see." The way she said those two words made me immensely curious. 

"No! Gemma, you can't just leave me wondering after you basically started the sentence!" I replied with slight anger due to irritation whenever she did that.

Gemma chuckled, entertained by my devastation. "I'm sure the next time you spend time together again, you'll find out."

~