The Orange Tag

THE ORANGE TAG

The Story: A doctor at the Cebu Doctors’ Hospital was waiting for the elevator doors to open. When the elevator opened, the doctor saw two people inside. One was standing and was wearing a white lab gown. The other, a woman , was lying on the floor, unconscious. The doctor hurriedly took the woman to the ER – which was only a few steps from the elevator. When the woman came to, the doctor asked her what happened. She said that she saw a man wearing an orange tag. An orange tag is placed on a person who is already dead. The tag is an indication that the body is now in the morgue awaiting disposal. The doctor didn’t believe her and thought that she was just joking.

It Gets Crazy: The doctor returned to the elevator and got in the moment it opened. Inside the elevator, he saw that same guy who was with the unconscious woman. The guy asked the doctor if the woman was okay. He replied that she was fine and proceeded to tell him the woman’s story. He told the other guy that she saw someone wearing an orange tag. The other passenger just chuckled and raised his right arm showing his orange tag. “You mean this?” the man asked. He looked at the guy’s face and realized that it was the same guy who was declared Dead on Arrival just moments before he went to the elevator.

The Effect: Employees of the Cebu Doctor’s Hospital know this story by heart. Immediately after the story of the encounter circulated, a lot of employees refused to use the said elevator. But there have been reports of hospital visitors seeing the same guy with an orange tag.