My legs gave out and I collapsed sobbing. I tried to pry myself away from him but he held on to me firmly. "Let me go!"I cried weakly clawing at his arms but they didn't budge. I squirmed but he only pulled me closer, I gave up and gave in.

"I used to have bad dreams like that too, I still do sometimes." He whispered in my ear as I clung on to him, sobbing in his shirt. "She disappeared and my father stopped caring about me." He continued, "I would wake up in the middle of the night crying, sweating, and a complete utter mess. My mother was my everything and once she disappeared nothing was the same." His voice cracked at the end of the sentence.

Oh no

Oh my god

I let go of his shirt and hugged him instead. We held each other, we were each other's rock at that moment. He cried into my shoulder as I sobbed into his.

He began stroking my hair and I began playing with his.

Thought were racing through my head; about mum, about John, about me, about Adrien.

My sobs were reduced to quiet cries and my quiet cries were reduced to hiccups.

He told us his secret now it's our turn

But-

It's only fair

"Adrien I.... I didn't move to Paris, I escaped to Paris." I started out hesitant and quiet .

His eyes widened but he nodded nevertheless.

I hiccuped, "My father he- " I sighed and started again, "I- I don't remember my father Adrien, I can't I just. I was so young." I said my voice shaking. "I have memories but they aren't clear." I wiped my eyes and continued. "My mother remarried about 5 years ago, he started abusing her verbally and physically 3 years ago."

Adrian's eyes now became saucers squeezed my shoulders and nodded, signaling for me to continue. "John and I used to have a special relationship, he knew where his place was and always knew he would never replace nor fill in the space I left in my heart for my real father, he respected me and my mum up until 3 years ago. I remember the day clearly, I just relived it in my dreams a few minutes ago." I said quietly. "I heard screaming and harsh words, I hid behind the stair rail and watched. I saw everything...and....and didn't do a thing. I just locked myself in my bathroom and cried." I said

"Y/n it's not your fault." He whispered. "You know it's not your fault."

"I just... I could've-" I yelled and starting tugging my hair.

"No y/n, he would've hit you too, you would've made your mom feel worse. Y/n you couldn't have changed anything you would've made that sicko even angrier and possible made things worse. Y/n you need to forgive yourself you were only 12 years old." He whispered.

"I know I know I just... Adrien it hurts the feelings won't stop." I cried.

All these different thoughts were flooding my mind slowly drowning me, pulling me under a feeling of desperation and depression I was screaming on the inside overwhelmed by these feeling, these thoughts.

Adrien's eyes filled with despair. He sighed "Oh, mon petit chaton I know I can't stop it I'm so sorry."  He pulled at his blonde locks and pulled me into another tight embrace.  "Please let us take you out somewhere y/n if you lock yourself up here it'll only make things worse."

I hiccuped and nodded, "The others must be worried sick."

"Y/n right now all that matters is you."