DESCENDANT OF THE SUN

Start from the beginning

The he is Dr. Lee Chi Hoon who walks over and gestures to Mo Yeon to speak privately. Turns out he lost his wedding ring and needs to divert Dr. Jang away so he can search the bin with the dirty scrubs. Luckily he finds the ring in his scrub pocket and angry fiancée disaster averted. He even avoids getting a smackdown from Mo Yeon by flashing a million watt smile.

Mo Yeon hangs with her friend Dr. Pyo who asks her about that man who was interested in Mo Yeon. He hasn't called and Mo Yeon doesn't think he's the telephone type. She's clearly interested and pulls up Shi Jin's x-ray to stare at her only picture of him. Dr. Pyo rightly called her a crazy girl as Mo Yeon stares moon eyed at the x-ray.

It's date night for Shi Jin and Mo Yeon, who orders junior Dr. Lee to not call her tonight. She's post-call and a mess, ready to head home to shower and change. Shi Jin is early and waiting for Mo Yeon outside the hospital. When Mo Yeon spots Shi Jin, she immediately covers herself because she's not wearing makeup. Shi Jin admits he's early and likes the feeling of waiting, wondering why Mo Yeon keeps her face from him.

Mo Yeon explains she's a mess but Shi Jin compliments her on being pretty as is. Mo Yeon suggests they go out like this since he is into inner beauty and Shi Jin quickly offers to take her home to shower and change, lol. Mo Yeon wrinkles her nose at Shi Jin's shallowness.

Mo Yeon tells Shi Jin to wait for her as she showers and gets ready. She takes charge, asking if they can eat in since she's really hungry, turning down Shi Jin's offer to take her out for a nice meal. She places an order for cheap stone pot rice which makes Shi Jin take note of Mo Yeon's easy going ways. He places the delivery order, then checks out the pictures on her fridge door and also a note that water is being turned off today at 4 pm for repair.

The water dies on Mo Yeon mid shampoo and she pretends to Shi Jin that she took a nice hot shower. Shi Jin shows Mo Yeon the notice about the water being turned off so Mo Yeon grabs a few bottles of water from the fridge and runs back into the bathroom to rinse off her hair.

Mo Yeon and Shi Jin sit in the living room eating and Shi Jin wants to ask Mo Yeon something. She cuts him off thinking he's going to mock her for this afternoon but he really just wanted to ask if she thought of him. Mo Yeon admits she did and asks him the same question back. Shi Jin also admits he thought of her, the way a man would. Nice you two. There is a sofa right there behind you. Mo Yeon wants to finish up and go to the movies. Oh you silly girl - sofa, there, use it!

Mo Yeon and Shi Jin sip iced coffee while waiting for the movie to start. Mo Yeon brings up how the most exciting part of the movie is right before it starts. For Shi Jin, he teases back that the most exciting moment of his life is right now, waiting for the movie to start with a pretty woman and the lights about to dim. Mo Yeon brings up how she is the elderly one in his group instead of the pretty so Shi Jin suggests that in the dim lights of the theater he can't see properly.

Shi Jin wants to know their ages since Mo Yeon must have read his chart. Mo Yeon calls him "oppa" which makes Shi Jin all happy until she reveals that she's really older than him and his noona. Their teasing is interrupted by a call to Shi Jin which summons him back to the base. Yet again. Shi Jin apologizes to Mo Yeon who correctly points out that he's ditching her mid date again. Shi Jin promises to watch this movie with her next time but Mo Yeon dismisses him, telling him to go as she plans to stay and watch the movie. Shi Jin heads off and Mo Yeon gets a call that has her rushing back to the hospital.

Mo Yeon storms into the office of the hospital director and demands to know why she was passed over for professorship again, and the less qualified Dr. Kim got it. The director tells Mo Yeon to try again for the fourth time but Mo Yeon points out that it's pointless if she's always going to be passed up for people who are well connected such as Dr. Kim.