Chapter 44

dedicated to strangely_unique

A/N i have no excuses. i am the worst writer in all of history. i feel like shit for it i'm so sorry :(

recap:

Four and Mason fight over Tris. Tris is sick. Four gives Tris one of his lungs and Mason takes credit for it. Tris finds out and they are back together. Four gets attacked from crazy ass Lauren. Four goes in coma. Four wakes up from his comatose state, doesn't remember Tris. Tris is hurt and lost in her thoughts. In the end, he still does not remember but promises to be there for her and try to please her and all.

Tris heads back to school to find Four's dad, Marcus Eaton, whom we all adore :( is the new head principal.

And now,

Chapter 44

Oh god. Oh god. Oh god.

I try to catch my breath as I smile up at Four's father.

Dammit! Why does this have to happen to me?

I feel like I just stepped into some soap opera.

But worse is that soap operas only deal with cheating and more cheating and couples and cheating, sometimes death. My soap opera, sadly, involves crazy psychopaths, amnesia, and abusive fathers.

Great, just great.

I smile up at "Mr.Eaton" with one of the fakest smiles I could ever come up with as I shake his hand.

I really hope he doesn't remember me. I know he has seen me around with Four. Oh lord, what if he is here just to see me or talk to me or something.

I slowly walk away, with his dark eyes never ceasing to leave me as I take one step at a time towards Christina.

When I make sure he is not watching me, thanks to the school board wanting to discuss something, I pull on Christina's arm.

"We have to leave now!" I yell-whisper.

She turns at me with a concerned face, and searches for any emotion or expressions.

"What? Why? We just got here and I thought you were excited?!" she pulls all her focus away from her friends and towards me, definitely picking up on the face that something is wrong.

"Long story." I proceed to pull her arm.

She tucks me back to where she is standing. "Tris, we can't just leave without a reason."

"I'll think of something to tell the teachers. Come on," I use all my strength to drag her with me.

"No, Tris, I mean I'm not going anywhere unless you tell me what's going on."

She stares at me with the deepest expression in her eyes and I've never seen her like this before. Maybe all this crazy soap opera like stuff is scaring the hell out of her like it is me.

I have to tell her.

She needs to know the truth about Four's dad. Not even Four knows the truth about his dad. Maybe Christina can help me, maybe she can do something about it.

I take a deep breath and think about what I should say.

"The vice principal is Four's abusive father," the words blurt straight out of my mouth.

She looks at me with a shocked expression, before she begins to chuckle.

"Why are you laughing exactly?" I ask her.