the last day of bio

hey guys!

45 votes = chapter on friday!

"Have a good day guys," Katie says as she drops Caleb and I off to our last day of summer biology lessons.

"Love you!" I say.

"Love you too," she says. Caleb takes my hand and we walk to perky Miss Mandy's classroom.

"Hi Caleb and Ebony! Sit with the same people as yesterday! I think those pairs worked very well!" She says. I smile and nod, I sat with Leila, and Caleb sat with a nice boy named Julian, so I'm super excited we get to sit with people who we like. We walk into the classroom and find our group of friends standing in the back of the room.

"Hey Lei!" I say, giving Leila a hug.

"Hey Ebby!"

"You look so adorable today!" Says Leila. I look at my outfit, high waisted maroon shorts and a simple gray tee shirt I stole from Caleb a while ago with the name and logo of some baseball team on it. It's super big and comfy and he doesn't care I took it because he has two. And I have my battered up gray converse on. It's kinda cute I guess. Then I look at Leila. She always has the most adorable outfits. Today she's wearing ripped jean shorts and a mint tank top. Her long, straight black hair is in two buns on top of her head and her eyeliner is done way better than I could ever imagine doing.

"Thanks, but you are seriously on fleek today!" She laughs.

"You look super asian, Leila," says her friend Cleo, laughing. "But cute," she adds.

"Well I try to stay connected to my Japanese culture," says Leila, putting her hands by her sides and giving a quick bow, "baka mo ichi-gei." She says in Japanese. Everybody laughs.

"What did that mean?" Asks Caleb.

"Every fool has one talent," she responds. We all crack up once again.

"Leila is fluent in Japanese," Sommer brags for Leila. Sommer is her boyfriend, but last class they weren't talking very much. Leila flinches when he says this, like she didn't like him bragging about her. She quickly covers her awkward look by smiling and nodding.

"My parent's first language was Japanese, so that's what we primarily speak at my house." She says.

"That's really cool!" Says Caleb.

"Take your seats everybody!" Says Miss Mandy. Leila and I find our way to our seats, and sit down. "I sent your blood texts into the labs yesterday! You should be getting them back between two and four weeks. Now, let's go over the blood types and which can mix with which." She basically lectures us all morning until lunch. I grab my lunch, a sandwich.

"Hey Ebby?" says Leila, before I get up and sit with the others.

"Yeah?" I say, turning to her.

"Before we go over there I gotta ask you something, do you want to come to my family's sushi restaurant, Oishī Nihon, after school? I totally forgot I need to work tonight and you could come too! I don't mean to brag, but our sushi is delicious. You like sushi, right? I think I've heard you and Caleb talking about in one of the vlogs... Anyway, I want you to come! My mom could drop us off at your house after my shift and of course, sushi dinner!" She says, smiling hopefully.

"Yes that sounds great! Let me just ring my Mum, I'll be right back." I go to the bathroom and call her, she says I can go! I'm so excited I get to see Leila's restaurant. And I absolutely LOVE sushi so that just makes it that much better. I also think it's really cool she speaks Japanese with her family.

I go back to the classroom to find our friends sitting on the desks in a circle in the back of the room to eat like usual. I sit between Caleb and Leila. I notice she's totally avoiding Sommer the entire time. I wonder if he's what she was upset about. "So, what's up?" Saige, a really perky girl I sat with on my first day at bio, asks everybody.

"I watched every single movie in the Divergent series," answers Cleo.

"Awesome!" Says Saige, grinning.

"What'd you do, Ebony?" Asks Cleo.

"I... I-" I begin saying, then last night's events begin rushing into my head, like a white rushing river. The dark gray memories of Caleb's heart hurting him and me worrying, thinking I might loose him are forced into my mind. They won't stop, all I see is his silhouette at the end of my bed, hunched over. My heart is racing and my breaths become fast, shallow movements, taking over my body. I am vaguely aware I'm having a panic attack, but then fully realize it. I'm having a panic attack in a classroom. During school. Just like the panic attack I had back at public school in England. The one that triggered every panic attack I've had since. The beginning. My brain's thoughts flit to thinking about Caleb last night and the girls in England, pointing and laughing. Zoey. Zoey was the worst. Zoey. We're staying at her house in a week and a half, with her family. I will need to see the person who messed up my life, and stay in her house. I begin feeling lightheaded. I want to stand up and run to the bathroom, but all I can do is sit on this table, paralyzed. My vision is rigid and unfocused. I suddenly feel someone touching my arm. I tense up, and my breathing becomes quicker. Voices suddenly break my wall of silence.

"Oh my God what's wrong with her?" Asks a boy's voice which I don't recognize.

"She's so pale..." Says a girl's voice.

"Eb, can you hear me?" Asks Caleb. I nod as best I can. Then he takes my hand and leads me out of the classroom. He sits me down on a bench and sits on my left. Leila runs out of the room and sits on my right, putting an arm around me.

"Count with me, Eb," he says. "One, two, three-"

"No!" I say, gasping for breath, "I can't... I can't."

"Yes you can, four, five, six, seven..." He counts.

"E-eight... n-nine," I whisper, my heart beat is beginning to slow to a healthier pace.

"We've got you," says Leila.

"How are you doin', bubs?" Asks Caleb.

"I-I'm okay... I think," I say.

"What just happened?" Asks Leila.

"She has panic attacks sometimes," Caleb responds.

"I know it was a panic attack, what I mean is why?"

"Cleo asked about last night and..." My voice breaks and I put my face in my hands.

"And what?" Leila asks, I can almost hear the frown on her face.

"Last night was... Hard," Caleb answers.

"Oh, well I'm here for you, Ebby."

"Th-thanks," I stutter, sniffing. Caleb gets up and ducks into the classroom, then returns with a tissue a few seconds later, and his water bottle. I take a few sips of water and wipe my eyes while Caleb and Leila soothe me. I recover and we return to class. Everybody's staring at me. I know they must have all saw me flipping out. I sigh as I sit down at the desk beside Leila. The rest of the day goes by slowly, and it's obvious everybody in class knows something happened to me. A boy named Malcolm accidentally bumped into me on his way to sharpen his pencil and apologized profusely, as if he thought I was going to burst into tears by his arm colliding with my ear. But today is mine and Caleb's last day of summer biology classes at a school we don't even go to, so it's not like I'll ever need to see any of these people again. That thought is the one that's pushing me through the rest of bio.

qotd: Mary Kate or Chase?

aotd: MARY KATE!!! (sorry chase)

ily guyss xx-e