Chapter 6: Courtship Begins

Start from the beginning

"Please say something," I beg after a lengthy pause.

"Ms. Victoria, can you please give us a smile here with your company," a photographer yelled in our direction, but it seems she was lost as I was.

"Mr. Mailov, Ms. Victoria, over here," another man yells.

"I don't know what to say, Xandrous. I'm ..." she searched in my eyes, "I'm still ... I guessed .. shock..." she trailed off.

"I'm not forcing you now, Vi. As I say, I can wait." I smiled. "Let's just enjoy this moment," I loop her hand around my arm again and faces the photographers who were constantly crying out for our attention.

Their smile widens when we took a pose and give in to their whims.

I took two champagne from the waiter and gave one to her. "Oh my god, Alexandrous?" A familiar voice made us both turned to look at her.

"Oh, hi Sidney!" I smiled.

"I missed you!" she squeals softly and then before I could react, she suddenly snake her hands around my neck and kissed me on the lips. Just then I realized what was happening. Pulling her away from me, my eyes suddenly snap to Victoria's direction and she gave me this, willing-to-make-it-up-huh look.

I quickly move to Vicky's side and consciously curled my hand around the small of her back, like my life were depending on it. Sidney's eyes shifted back and forth between us and Vicky.

"Are you guys dating?" in her disbelief tone.

"Yes! Is there any problem?" Vicky's eyes turn icy and intimidating. No wonder they called her the B. Sidney just cocked her eyebrow at her and then she shot me a sweet inviting smile.

"Do you?" she asked with her eyes pointing at me.

"Yes," I smiled with pride and then anxiously shot Vicky a worried look. She still looks impassive. I watch her as she made a tentative sip of her champagne. Her eyes didn't leave Sidney who seems to no care after confirming it.

Oh God, I hope I'm not screwing this up!

Sidney made a sip of her wine. Her eyes suddenly lit up. "How about Deshawn?" She turns her attention to Vicky.

"What about Deshawn?" Vicky rebutted.

"You know what I'm talking about, Victoria," Sidney smiled but filled with disdain.

"We just talk. Deshawn is just a friend and if you think that we are hitting each other, I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but you're assuming things." Victoria said in a bored tone. Then, she held my hand, "please, excuse us," she said and then pulled me away from smiling Sidney.

"How did you meet her?" Victoria asked as soon as we are far from her hearing circumference.

"At Alex's party," I responded briefly.

"Did you two hit each other?" she asked bluntly. She stood in front of me.

Sidney Alberts. A runway model, I met her couple years ago at Alexander James' wild party. We hit that night, we were both drunk. She called me multiple times but I just brush it off the sexual innuendos until she decided to stop calling me.

"Not lite-"

"Alexandrous Mailov," I heard my name and Vicky's eyes look over my shoulder. I turned to see the man behind me.

My lips curled into a smile. "Jerrod Lombardi," I acknowledged as I shook the hand of the real estate mogul of Italy. We met through a friend when I went to assess the land we are going to build condominiums.