Chapter 6: Courtship Begins

"Sweet words are not always true. True words are not always sweet. But no matter what words can say, Actions will always tell the truth." - Unknown

Please VOTE, COMMENT, and FOLLOW me, too ...

.................

Xandrous' POV

I stared at her still surprise I'm seeing her again after a month. She looks stunning as always in her white dress. She looks like the goddess Venus up close, with her smokey eyes, I felt suddenly intimidated.

Why did I let her go when she's everything that I need?

I held the bouquet tightly, and I let out a deep breath before closing our gap with my heart hammering loudly in my chest, my stomach felt like butterflies just erupted inside. "Hi," I gulped inaudibly as I handed her the bouquet. I don't know what kind of flower does she likes. I assumed every girl likes roses. The crimson red rose looks so beautiful and it looks like her tonight. So desirable and tempting, rare with awestruck beauty.

"Oh, hi!" she reluctantly smiled and glibly took the roses. "Thanks," as she held it glancing at the roses before bringing it to her nose and smelled it.

As soon as our eyes met again, I leaned in and kissed her cheek. I involuntarily close my eyes drinking in her familiar addictive scent as I took a deep breath and then gave her private space back, not wanting to push my luck.

She still looks bewildered, uncertainty filled her eyes. "You look definitely amazing on the runway," I commented trying to break the tension slowly filling our gap and her cheeks turns a brighter pink.

"Thank you!" she murmured her eyes sparkled with pride. And I really mean it when I said that. When I saw her walking like owning the runway, with overflowing confidence in her, the way she struts on the runway with drama added to it captivated everyone, elevating the clothes to its new level, creating allure where there is none. The way she effortlessly gliding around the runway, but with an edge of determination which makes her one of the best walkers I've seen.

"You took my breath away when I saw you in that green sheer chiffon feathery dress with plunging neckline and cross-back detailing," as I recalled the moment when she came out with the sheer fabric, hugging her body like its own. The hem dances with her body in rhythm as she struts gracefully around the runway. She looks like a goddess that just descended, I so badly want to take her away from the crowd and have her all to myself.

"Oh, ... w-well ... thank you!" her smile widens, looking unsure what to do.

I remember the party after the show for the success of their fashion week. I knew the designer behind the Valentino success, and I was ushered right immediately as soon as I entered the place, in the front row.

"Shall we?" I said as I gestured her my arms and she place the flowers on top of vanity close to her and hesitantly link her hand on mine and I led her outside. As our skin connected, an instant familiar feelings courses throughout my body. It felt really good holding her this close.

I so badly want to press her body against mine, hug her tight and never let her go, but I stifled it. I've done so much damage that needed to be repaired and I will slowly heal it, no matter what it takes.

"Why are you here, Xandrous?" As soon as we join the party, she stops and stood in front of me.

I stared into her eyes, ignoring the flashes of cameras to our directions and around us. Reporters and paparazzi taking photos at every fashion designers, models behind the event, swarmed the place.

"I need you in my life back, Vi." Her eyes suddenly turned darker. The shade of soft honey-brown dissipating and turning into darker brown. "Please, don't be mad. I know I've done so much damaged already and I'm willing to do everything to win your heart back, no matter what it takes. I will wait, I will, Vi." I stared at her eyes with intensity. Her eyes didn't alter. I don't know what to think at the moment, but I'm not going to give up.