Our conversation was cut short when Luke, bed head and all, dragged his feet into the kitchen, wearing only basketball shorts. He opened and closed different cupboards until he came across the coffee cups, grabbing one to pour himself some joe. I watched in amazement, wondering how on Earth he was just now staggering out of bed and hadn't heard the ruckus just moments earlier. I sometimes found myself becoming jealous of his inhumane abilities to sleep so soundly.

All was quiet as Luke leaned against the countertop, taking periodic sips of his steaming coffee. My lower tummy felt a massive flutter of butterflies as I thought of the word countertop. Countertop. Such a simple word with such a deep meaning behind it for Luke and I. I smiled a mischievous smile, one only Luke and myself would understand the meaning behind.

"Hey, Carol," Luke finally spoke up, breaking the never-ending silence.

"Yah?" I responded, looking up.

Luke gestured to Leah with a slight nod. "Does she...uh,"

"Does she know?" I finished for him, he nodded. "Yes, she does."

"And big shot," Leah piped up, taking a bite of a crescent roll. Where'd she get that? I spotted a box of pastries sitting next to her on the counter, she must've brought them. "Don't you dare hurt her. Fuck her over, and I'll make sure your career is ruined and you're six feet under the following Tuesday."

I legitimately heard Luke gulp, knowing how dead serious Leah truly was. But then he chuckled and moved so he could wrap his arms around my waist. "Yes, ma'am. I have no intentions of hurting this perfect woman." He nuzzled his chin into the crook of my neck and Leah smiled, seemingly content with his answer.

Leah rose up from her seat and walked out, I assumed to go explore the wonders of Costa Rica before Blaine arrived later this afternoon. As soon as the door slammed shut, Luke popped up and grabbed my hand, pulling me outside.

"Luke!" I protested, practically begging him to stop. "Baby, I can't go outside! I look horrendous!"

Luke seized his walking and turned around. "Honey, you loom might fine to me, and that's all that matters. Besides, you're gonna love this."

I sighed resignedly, knowing Luke would just persist. Luke pulled me onto the deck and I immediately smiled wide. Luke had set up some type of massage thing.

"Luke, what's this?" I asked.

"I am going to treat you today. Anything you want, just tell me, and I'll do." Luke announced.

"How'd you set all of this up?" I quizzed, making my way over to the massage table. "You've been asleep all morning."

"I have my ways." He said softly, winking. "If I told you, I couldn't surprise you anymore."

I nodded before patting the massage table. "I think I could go for a nice massage." I stated, smirking as Luke raised an eyebrow.

I turned so my back was facing him and dropped my robe, revealing my red thong. I heard Luke gasp, causing me to bite my lip. I laid down on the massage table, covering my lower half with the sheet. Almost immediately Luke came to my side.

"Massage please, Mr. Bryan."

"Will do, Ms. Boyer."