four; the google

Dear Lara,

Have you ever heard of the Internet? Because holy cow! I can search up anything, and this thing called The Google will tell me the answer.

I used The Google to search Steve Rogers. It came up with Captain America, and something that had to do with The Battle of New York. The Google said that aliens tried to take over New York through this giant portal in the sky. They say Steve was a hero.

I only remember small Steve. The one too brave/stupid to run away from a fight.

I also used The Google on my name. It came up with all these results pointing to the Smithsonian and then Captain America's Howling Commandos and being Steve Rogers best friend. And that I was apparently the only Commando to give up my life. And that I fell into a Canyon on a mission.

And then I searched your name. It said that you were a teacher, and that we were engaged. I was meant to marry you before I took the plunge.

When I read that, I got this weird feeling in my chest. It hurt, Lara. The pain was indescribable, and it somehow hurt more than any physical pain I have gone through. Why?

The Google told me that I either have a heart condition, or I'm heartbroken. And I know for a fact that I don't have a heart condition.

Your's Truly,

James Barnes.