Fated Silver

Chapter 3
Precious days were enjoyed to the fullest, wishing that maybe time stop in the moment as we want to keep it that way.

Peaceful days she spent with her daughter, was one she considered as her treasures, as the red head's world simply revolves around her, living the present with her and completely erasing her past, but never has she thought when she wave good luck to her little girl that morning as she was heading to school, she was completely oblivious that her past would barge in her life.

and shatter that peaceful days by that "certain" someone.

A tingling in the back of her head kept her distracted as from her current activity as the red haired women felt uneasy, griping the sheets of the paper that crumpled at the force of Mafuyu's grip, she felt her body stiffen her senses telling her something is going to happen,

"Is something wrong Oribe-san?" Asked an old man around his fifties who has been noticing Mafuyu's unease at the moment, She was snapped out of her thoughts and drew her attentions towards him.

"Are feeling unwell my dear?"

Couple of people also have noticed Mafuyu's unease as they looked at her with concern.Quickly gaining her composure, she steadied herself,

"No-Nothings the matter." She waved her hand, implying thats she's perfectly okay.

"Are you sure Mafuyu-san? You've been in a deep thought a while ago? Is it something to do with Shura-chan?"

"Oh my, is Shura-chan alright?" The people around let out a subtle cry of concern.

"Oh no, no need to worry!, there nothing wrong, maybe Im just a little... Tired" she sat down back to her desk, deeming what she said is true.

But, The thought crossed her mind, "Is Shura home safe? Did something happen to her?" She grasp at her shirt as anxiety slowly builds up, The red head cant shake the feeling that's somethings not right.

"No, no... Im just being paranoid" she shook her head indicating nothing is the matter. "She goes home together with Mei-chan after all, everything is ok,.... I hope".

The Auburn sky gleam seem to sink as dawn of twilight slowly appears itself, it was almost six as the night slowly made its way. Shura never gets home this late since she knows very well how worried her mother will be. Being only by themselves with her mother off to her work, The young girl took it upon her self that her safety means so much to her mother and that getting home early is of utmost importance.

But what has made Shura stay out passed her appointed curfew, what has made so her distracted to even forget something that important?.

Him

This man, who was so tall that he was towering the young girl, This man who was covered in a black cape, a bit rugged meshed that if Shura was keen on details that she would know that the man was recently been in a fight, which he obviously won with ease, The man with a beautiful shade of cerulean blue in his eyes and that dazzling silver hair left Shura in awe and wonder, something about this man has fascinated her like no other.

"uhm..." She tried to call to him and the man stared back. Shura was slightly taken back as the man inches forward.

"malen'kaya devochka, gde eto ya?" Asked the man, leaving young Shura confused at the use of an unknown language.

"Did he ask a question?" She baffled.

The man slightly kneeled down to meet Shura's level and stare at her as if examining her. Shura's brow knit in a tint of annoyance at the man.

"Excuse me mister, but Shura dint understand a word you just said". Shura replied, her nervousness was gone and her stoic demeanor came about.

The man looked at her blankly before letting out a light giggle.

"I apologize, its a bit of a habit--- ugh"

"Are you ok mister!?!" Shura grew in a panic at sight of the man who seem to be loosing breath and withering with pain. The man notice the girls distraught and patted her head gently .

"Im fine.... Just tired, i just need to replenish my energy" he eyed Shura as if scanning her "And your too young" he continued

She dint understand what he ment, but he seems hurt nonetheless, Shura place one of the man arms on her small shoulder. Surprising the man.

"Shura's house is nearby Mister" despite this man being a total stranger, Shura assisted him towards her home offering him help, something she seemed to have inherited from her mother.

As they arrived at the Oribe Residence, Shura quickly opened the door and let the stranger rest on the sofa, Shura herself was tired. why wouldn't she, a six year old child carrying a grown man can be very difficult, as she head to the kitchen hoping to get some water to give her guest, she remembered few details when she carried the man to her home.

The man had features that are foreign yet familiar to her, and at the time she almost couldn't look away at the silver strands that adorned the stranger, and sometimes she would se the man's eye turning red and marks on the corner appears and would quickly fade just as soon as they appear but just told herself, she must be seeing things. She perfectly knows nothing about him yet, something about this man is comforting to her.

"Shura's mama will be coming home soon, here--" she handed the man the glass of water as the man nod in gratitude "Maybe mama knows how to help you mister" the man scan the house.

"Do you live alone with your mother?" He asked.

It was almost past seven as Mafuyu gathered her things and rush towards the door onto her car, despite convincing herself that her worry was anything short of paranoia and stress. She was determined to get home and see and assure herself that the most precious thing in her life is safe at home.

The drive to her house was nothing but agonizing, taking a deep breath she settles herself as the view of her house was getting close.

"Im home" she arrived at the door, when she heard chatter inside. "Its Shura's voice! Im so glad shes home safe." Somehow the weight on her chest was lifted at the sound of her daughters voice. As she open the door she heard another voice.

"O...ri..be?"

"Yes, my names Shura!.... Oribe Shura! And my mama's name is-----

'Thud'

The little girl was stop at her words as a sound of something dropping on the floor interrupted her conversation. Her eyes gleam with excitement at the sight of the person entering.

"Mama!" She grab Mafuyu's hand dragging her inside eagerly introducing her to the man "Mister this is her.... Shura's Mama!... Her name is Oribe M--"

"Mafuyu"

The young girl sentence was cut off, but this time it was the man, Shura exchange glances wondering if theres something wrong. Mafuyu on the other was frozen in her place, completely dumbfounded, she knows this voice, its the voice that use to tease her, argue with her and sometimes say sweet yet weird words to her, it the voice that promised to protect her, offered her security, the voice that uttered loving things to her, its the voice that she fell in love with... Its the voice of the man that she loved and was longing for all those year... It was His voice...

She stared once again.

It Him.

She clenched her hand to her chest, utter an almost inaudible words... But it was heard loud and clear.

"S..ha... Shasa..."