Wavering Silver

Chapter 2

Mafuyu decided to live in this small unknown place in low profile, she was gradually accepted by the locals. At first they were a bit wary towards her due to the fact she was a stranger with an unknown background behind her.

She earned their trust when she unknowingly helped the locals, apparently the towns source of income was derived from the towns abundance in metals and minerals, due to her experience with qwasers and Athos, she had vast knowledge and information in this area, she told the people she somehow could recall that she used to do something in line with this work.

The town looked after her, grateful with her help with the progress of the town has had. She build a house of her home and after a few months gave birth to a beautiful baby girl.

The clocked ticked again, it was almost midnight, she was lost in her thoughts for quite a while. 

"I have Shura by my side, Im already happy." She said to her as Mafuyu slowly drifted to sleep.

".... I don't have to go back, to the turmoil of my past... Qwaser, Athos and--" an image of a back of man in black with porcelain skin and snow white silvered hair flickered in Mafuyu's head.

"I will leave it behind me... And forget."

Morning breaks as Shura was busy scurrying her breakfast on the table, the air is lingered with scent of summer flowers blooming as the breeze passes through the window pane. Mafuyu's expression soften upon the recollection of last nights flashbacks as her eyes befell upon Shura.

She sat down at the table facing her daughter who had a satisfied look as she munch on the freshly toasted bread.

"Shura..." Mafuyu spoke earning the attention of her daughter.

"I'll be a little late coming home sweetheart, do you think you'll be fine?" Shura blinks for a few minutes then instinctively nods her head as a response. "Un.... Shura can take care of herself, Mama doesn't have to worry anymore" her reply lightly giggling before gobbling up her last piece of toast, bits of crumbs at the corner of her mouth and few landing on the floor.

Mafuyu's eye widened in awe at her daughter, at how despite her showcase in maturity not apparent around her age, Shura was always strong willed, stubborn and stoic around people, so she was glad that around her, she still that cheerful, sweet and adorable daughter she been taking care in these past seven years. Mafuyu cant be more happy, her life revolve around Shura and so was hers.

The place they were is small house near the flower fields at the remote side of the town, which was was no more than an small island, it had a sense of isolation although it really wasn't, thats why Mafuyu see it as a sense of security knowing nobody that knows who she is would find her here.

It was already late in the afternoon, although the sun was at its peek the weather wasn't hot like expected, in fact it was rather chilly. The sound of the school bell echoed through the place signaling the end of classes, laughter and chatters can be found as the children rush out on their way home. A certain silver haired girl packed her things as she slung her bag-pack on her back. Where, another certain young girl stood next to door obviously waiting for her.

"Shu-chan?... Are you done yet? Hurry up so we can play!" The young girl asked rather impatiently, she was a small girl with a petite frame, her light brown hair tied between pigtail and her bangs parted at the middle of her forehead.

Shura looked to her with a bit of annoyance although its hidden by her ever stoic expression. The girl giggled then skipped towards Shura grabbing one of her hands.

A Tint of Silverजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें