Tint of Silver

Chapter 1
Sitting at the center of the living room with a book in her hand, a young girl around six years old sighed as she stood up and shyly walks towards the kitchen room.

Poking her little head at the kitchen door eying her mother who was busy cooking their evening meal. The room was filled with the scent of borscht, that gave the little girl that comforting feeling.

She walks towards her then tugged at her skirt. Her mother glance at the child at the corner of her eye before letting go of her work to bend down and gently pat her head accompanied with a warm smile.

"Dinners almost ready, is there something wrong Shura?" Mafuyu ask her daughter who just shook her head as a response.

"Its nothing Mama... Shura just want to show mama her book." she said as she lifted the item in hand showing it with pride. The book had intricate engraving in its covering and it was rather thick, not something a young girl of her age would normally enjoy reading.

"Hmmm?... Its very pretty! You seem to really like it"

Shura looked to her giving Mafuyu her sweetest smile,"Yup! Shall Shura read it to you Mama?"

"Certainly, Mama would love to." The read headed woman pat her young ones head as a tint of red can be seen on young Shura's face. "But first, I think we should have dinner."

The Oribe typical dinner consist of the Mafuyu and Shura enjoying their meal as the mother and daughter bond. The young Shura would tell her mother of what she did at school; having fun with friends, playing and sometimes the occasional bullying and fights Shura would get into with of course not being her the one initiating the fight.

Mafuyu would scold her so, but would reassure her in the end often times teasing her with few remarks on fighting back the bullies. After dinner Mafuyu would clean the table and dishes afterwards get Shura ready for bed.

It was past ten as Mafuyu glance at the clock, she was humming a sweet lullaby as Shura snuggle to bed beside her clutching the book she was reading to her mother moments ago. Mafuyu gaze at her daughter with the outmost affection as she ran her fingers on a few strands of Shura's silver hair that was reflecting the moonlights rays. Her beautiful violet colored ires's that mirrored her's are currently covered in her thin eyelids as she slept, Shura was high strong, sweet yet she was also a bit stoic, introvert and thinks mature for her age.

"As she grows. She really, bit by bit Resembling--- Him" she was taken back at what she had thought. She shook her head trying to erase the thought as a light pain in her chest formed upon the recollection, it was not something she wanted to remember.

She gave a light murmur as she spoke.

"I cant believe its been seven years" Mafuyu gave off a sad expression in her eyes as she looked upon her beloved daughter as she began reminiscing her memories.

Its been almost seven years since Mafuyu Oribe decided to leave St. Mihailov Academy leaving those dear to her, in search for Shasa who left after receiving a mission ordered by Athos. During her search she was unexpectedly attack by unknown individuals which she was gravely injured.

"Its her!"

"Don't let her escape... And make sure to capture her alive!"

"*pant* *pant* *pant*" the sound of her breathing and shouts of her pursuers were the only thing she could hear. Mafuyu barely managed to escape alive.

When she opened her eyes she was surprised to be in an unknown environment.

"W-Where.... Am... I?" She was covered in bandages and her head was still in pain, as she scan her surroundings. It was a small room almost like an old fashioned clinic. A sudden sound of the door opening made her flinch only to see a woman around her forties enter with a water and towel in hand.

"Ara~, your finally awake"

She told Mafuyu about the incident, apparently she was found half dead and was taken in to be nursed by few of the towns folk. The woman eyed her with tint of curiosity, she gently sat beside the red head asking few questions regarding her, Mafuyu put up her guard, cuz she was cautious due to the fact she was being targeted. She decided on a plan.

"O-Oribe.... Mafu..yu" Mafuyu went with the idea of making it look that she could only remember handful of things about her, her age, birthday and of course, her name. She dint dare to tell where she came from or about her past.

The woman seem to have believe as she gave her a smile "Don't worry about it, take your time to heal." she gathered her things.

Mafuyu nod as a response, the woman decided to let her rest. She was about to leave when she said something that shocked Mafuyu even more.

"Oh! I almost forgot, you should be careful ok? A pregnant woman should not exert herself, it wont be good for the child." As the door closed, Mafuyu was left dumbfounded. She fumbled the words the woman just said.

"D-Did... S-She just..... Said I-I-I-i----" and by instinct she put a hand around her belly,

"Im Pregnant?"

Apparently she was carrying a baby--- Shura.