Chapter 9. Exasperating Expressions

Start bij het begin

Allison sighed quietly, "Kasey, you can talk to me. What's up?"

"I think I'm in love with Stiles," I whispered.

I knew that she heard me. I knew that the whole world could hear what I was saying. I just admitted out loud that I have feelings for Stiles. I just said that I think I love him to someone other than myself. I'm actually opening up to someone, and it feels slightly liberating.

"You think?" she asked with a hint of humor shining in her voice.

I blinked a few times, "Yes... I think. I don't know, I've never been in love before."

"Well judging by how you're acting now, I think it's definitely safe to say that you care about him a lot." Allison said, not helping me feel the slightest bit better.

She was right, though. If I didn't love him then I wouldn't be this worked up about the situation. I care about him so much and I can't imagine my life without him, but I can't tell him that. He'll think I'm crazy. Plus, he likes Lydia anyway. Even if there was a chance for us to be together, he would pick her over me every single time. He's liked her for as long as I can remember.

I sighed, "I do care about him a lot. I care about him so god damn much. I'm so scared, Allison. I don't know what to do with myself."

"You could always tell him?" she responded flatly, the amusement leaving her voice.

I laughed dryly, "Yeah, because that's exactly what I want to do."

"I'm being serious, Kasey. Have you seen the way that boy looks at you? It's like your his sun, moon and stars. He looks at you like, well how every teenage girl dreams to be looked at by a guy, especially the guy she likes. I don't know why you're so scared, your feelings will obviously be reciprocated." Allison stated, her words made my chest burn... but in a good way. Not in the way it had been burning before.

I smiled faintly, "You think so?"

"I know so," she chuckled, "now calm yourself down and promise me that you'll tell him how you feel."

My heart tugged in my chest but I nodded to myself, "I promise."

"Just a friendly reminder that Parent Teacher Conferences are tonight. Students below a C average are required to attend, I won't name you because the shame and self disgust should be enough. Has anyone seen Scott McCall?" Harris was speaking, but I was entirely too focused on trying to not focus on Stiles, who was sitting right beside me. We both seemed to be trying to focus on something because he was highlighting his book very intently, whereas I was trying to copy down some notes.

My conversation last night with Allison had inspired me to just open up to him and tell him the truth, but God was it hard. It was so much easier to just tell myself that I was going to do it, rather than actually doing it. Even though she said that he cares about me, there is still a slight possibility that she is wrong and if I do tell him our entire friendship will be royally jacked up.

I glanced up from my notebook to find Harris standing right in front of our table, oh my God. I have no idea where my brother is, he wasn't home when I left this morning so I just assumed he took his bike to school. It wasn't an uncommon thing for him to do, because sometimes he didn't feel like driving. I was going to text him and ask about his whereabouts before I left, but I still don't have a cell phone. Thanks to a certain bipolar werewolf that needs to learn how to use a front door.

The door to the class room opened and Jackson walked in, looking distraught and just downright weird. Stiles told me earlier that Jackson and Lydia were at the video store last night when there was some sort of animal attack, the guy working the desk was sadly killed. I'm willing to bet money that the animal attack was the alpha's doing, because honestly, what else could it be?