You laughed in disbelief, inches away from breaking. "I've been thinking of you better for forever! But when I continuously, even from my closest friends, hear all of this bullshit about my boyfriend sleeping around with my best friend, it wears my trust a little thin!" When he didn't respond, unable to fathom an answer for that you continued, quietly, "I don't know what you expect me to do."

"I don't know what you expect me to do!" He yelled.

You held your head in your hands before heading for the door, snagging your sweater on the way about. "I-I..." You stuttered as you left, pausing at the door. You stood with your back to him in the doorframe. "I think I should go."

He didn't stop you.

As you almost tripped up the stairs, walking so fast, you were stopped as you grasped the front door handle. "What was all that about?" Oli emerged from the kitchen, cereal bowl in hand and spoon sticking out of his mouth. He was barely understandable with a mouth full of cereal. He seemed surprised to see you standing there and not Joe, but he didn't take back what he said.

You sighed deeply. "Ask Joe." You waved your hand around and opened the front door, his name giving you an overwhelmingly overpowering taste of poison in your mouth. It took a lot of what strength you had left not to slam the door shut as you left, pulling on your sweater. You walked down the steps and onto the front curb, looking both ways before turning right.

Suddenly, you heard your name.

You didn't make a response to it other than freezing, not sure if you actually heard it or not, not sure if it was actually your name the mystery person was calling. Once you heard it again you were sure, and immediately you realized it was Joe. You weren't sure whether you were relieved or upset to see him shoeless and sockless, sweaterless, calling your name on their front steps.

"Y/N! Wait!" He barreled down the few stairs towards you.

You turned around, still unsure if you wanted to listen to him. Ultimately deciding that now that you were out breathing in fresh air, you wanted to be alone and take a walk. You opened your mouth to speak as he approached you, but the words did not get to come out.

He cupped your face in his hands and kissed you, and in that moment you felt all of the negative emotions peeling off like dry skin. It flaked away and fell off, all in that time his lips were pressed against yours.

That was the realest it ever felt. Kissing him hadn't ever felt this way before. You felt each indent in his lips, the way yours and his fit together like puzzle pieces, and the grip he had on you was too passionate to ignore. His touch send shivers down your spine. His fingerprints left on your skin, the lingering feeling of him on your lips, his breath on you as he pulled away only slightly, it spoke so many more words than words themselves. It was in that moment you'd felt his love for you in the form of chills.

Why hadn't he done that sooner?

"Y/N, please, don't go." He pleaded, pulling away back into his own personal-space-bubble. "We can sort this out right now. I just feel like if you leave now that's going to fuck everything up."

Suddenly you didn't feel the need for the walk anymore. You nodded, swallowing. "Okay."

He grabbed your hand and squeezed it, bringing it up to his lips and kissing the top of it. "Thank you." It felt as though you were in some sort of cheesy romance movie, and it was amazing. You went back into the Jaspar house with him and downstairs to his room.

This time, when he patted the bed, you sat next to him.

"I-I'm sorry I don't trust you." You could feel the tears coming. "I feel like shit because I want to so bad but it's just... Kind of difficult. But... I'm getting there, I know it."

"What do I have to do to prove it to you?"

"I don't know..."

"If you need time, I'll give you time."

"No, I just-"

"Are you sure?"

You nodded. "Yeah." You thought about your next response for a moment before saying it, something you hadn't done almost all day. In this moment, all you wanted was to be next to him. It still gave you an odd feeling being next to him - you weren't quite there in believing him yet. It would take time to, but not time away from him. "Just..." You pushed a piece of hair behind your ear. "I don't know, hug me."

Without a word, he took you in his arms and hugged you tightly.

"I don't blame you for being iffy about it. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell at you before. I get it... It's not so easy especially when you've heard all of those things. I see it on Twitter too. But all I can really say is... Well..." He paused, letting go of you. "Is that it's not true."

"I just want to be next to you." You admitted.

"So are you saying you believe me?" His eyes lit up.

"No..." You hesitated, not wanting to knock him down. "But I still love you."

He nodded understandingly. "Well, I love you too. A lot."

You got situated in his arms, with your head on his chest. At this point you wanted to pretend like your whole argument with him didn't exist, and if any way was the way to go about doing that, it was cuddling up close to him and recognizing how you felt. Which was happy.

It felt right.

You fell asleep with him twirling pieces of hair mindlessly around his pointer finger, switching through channels on TV and shows on Netflix, placing kisses to your head every now and then until you were asleep.

BY: imaginesidemen on tumblr