CHAPTER 1 - NEW WORLD

I woke up like any other day, I thought that today is going to be another one of those boring days.
*sigh* Like any other day I would reminiscence daily on why this had happen to me. It's been 5 years, and 5 boring years at that.

Let me tell you a part of my story. My father is one of the 3 demon lords. And he, like any other male species out there, longs for a partner, he fell in love with his servant. That servant was my mother. I was told that my mother was offered by her family or forced to be a servant of a demon lord.

I was told that, as my father was on his way to subdue another rebellion on his country, as he passed by on a village, he saw my mother and fell in love to her at first sight. And of course the elder of that village found out that my father had taken a liking to his daughter, and for some reason he offered her to the demon lord (my father). Then they live happily ever after for 5 years... 

Yea I would love it if it happened that way. But to my dismay my father found out that my mother wasn't a virgin anymore that's why he can't get her pregnant, which is a very big deal in our world, since our world has a power from the two moons to make any woman submit their body and soul to their very first mate/partner. Of course only at certain partners. If the partner was weaker than the woman, then the woman won't get pregnant, and if the partner is stronger than the woman then the woman would get pregnant and her body and soul will belong to that partner, and even if other stronger males appeared before the woman, she won't get pregnant may it be gods or demon lords. Because that woman already had her body and soul belong to her partner.

My father ask my mother to which man owns her body and soul. But my mother did not answer my father's question. My father was blinded by rage and accidentally killed his first love. He cried and was going on a rampage that would kill him, but his rage quenched and felt a presence similar to that of his first love. He immediately went back to the village of my mother and found the 5 year old me. As my father walked towards me, he had this expression on him that he found again the light and the strength to keep on living.

My father forcefully took me from the elder, he asked the elder who my father was and my mother's lover before him. But the elder did not budge and kept on staying silent just like my mother. My father could not hold in his anger, he couldn't comprehend why they wouldn't tell him? So he burned the village and every one in it except for me. That's how I became the step son of a demon lord. And he erased parts of my memories and named me Vermilion. Yea it's a pretty weird name, it feels like my father took that name out from the word 'vermin'.

As years passed by my father found his fated partner and had twins, two daughter as his offspring. At that time I was already 7 years old. I was going to be a nuisance to his newly found family. As I was already the right age. I understood him well and his newly found family that I was going to be a nuisance. Yes it's most likely because my father only took care of me because his lingering affection for my mother.

I told my step father that I would like to live separately from them, they then agreed immediately, that cleared my lingering doubts, because both my step father and his wife did not even stop the 7 year old me from leaving.
As time goes by I became 12 years old and I was the number one student in my class, I was enrolled on the one and only academy in the country, since half of the world is still unexplored the 3 demon lords decided to create an academy for their daughters... The rest of the demon lords also only had daughters as their heirs. Of course I am not the heir since I am only an adopted child.

Then one day my peaceful days were shattered, when my father went to the academy, he introduced and announced that his daughters would attend the academy. I greeted them as they pass me by, sadly they ignored me. Even though I greeted both of my sisters, as they passed by, they totally ignored me and just walked directly to the class.