'Right,' he said in a strangled voice. 'But...' he trailed off, looking like he wanted to say something, but then clearly thought the better of it. Sighing, he dropped his hand back onto the duvet in front of him and shook his head slightly. 'You have my blessing then, or whatever.'

I grinned. 'Cool. Thanks.' I turned to leave but he called me back.

'Hey. Thanks for this, by the way.' When I looked at him, he was holding the flipbook I'd made the previous week, the one insisting he was a good brother. 'Thanks especially for hiding it in my condom stash and trying to cockblock me with fraternal affection.'

I grinned and Abby thumped him.

Leaving his room and closing the door behind me, I looked up in surprise to see Danny making his way across the living room, clearly intending on doing what I'd already done. He stopped still when he saw me and there was a beat of silence.

'Hey,' he said warily.

'Hey.'

'I thought you were in the bathroom.'

'I wasn't.'

'Right.' He hesitated. 'I was just gonna go talk to Mason about something real quick-'

I stepped towards him, intent on stopping him. There was no way in hell I was going to let Mason freak him out with any "playing for keeps" nonsense.

'Or we could go back to bed,' I suggested, and he laughed, loosening up slightly.

'It won't take long, I just have to-'

'Or bed,' I said again, stopping right in front of him and forcing him to look at me. We're right around the same height, so he didn't really have a choice.

'I'll just be a-'

This time I cut him off by pressing the balls of my feet into the floor and pushing my mouth up against his. It worked; he sort of sighed and melted into it as I put my hands on his chest and gently but firmly manoeuvred him backwards across the living room to his room. I pushed him down onto his bed and crawled over him, lowering my body onto his and basically just sort of feeling him everywhere, all around me and in my head and my chest. Even though we'd kissed twice the night before, it had amounted to a grand total of about eighty seconds worth of making-out and this was turning into a third-time-lucky sort of situation, heating up and getting all gasp-y and whimper-y.

'Trickery,' he murmured against my lips after a few minutes, and I had to hand it to him - I barely had the presence of mind to remember my own phone number.

'Shh,' I whispered, running my hand across his bare abdomen hungrily as I kissed him.

He laughed and I pulled away, making a face briefly before grinning and rolling off of him to lay beside him on the bed.

'If you don't want me to talk to him about it, I won't,' he said, turning his head to look at me.

'It's not that,' I said. 'I just already did it. He's fine with it, honest.'

'Okay.'

'Who's that girl he's with? Abby Something. I thought he just started hanging out with her a couple of weeks ago, but she knows things about me. From, like, before.'

'Abby Conway,' he said. 'She's just a friend of ours, we met her right around the time we moved here. She studies nutritional sciences. Mason's had a thing for her from like, an hour after he found out her name, but she had a boyfriend. They broke up just before you got here.'

'So, last night for him was...'

'About as big a deal as last night was for me,' he clarified.