Chapter 3

Alec’s Point of View

I knew they were going to jump me before they even thought of it. I know that all of them care for her a lot. I don’t know when they’re going to see that I would never do anything to hurt her!

Just as Jake, Jace, and Max jumped on me, I heard Jasmine scream ‘STOP’. Her voice was steel. In all the years of knowing her, I’ve heard her scream many times but never like this. Everyone was dumbstruck at her tone. I looked at her and she was shaking... as if she was trying to contain her wolf.

“SIT DOWN” she commanded. The guys let go of me and were standing around me now.

Jace added softly “Jazz, we were just joking.”

She was still flaring in rage “Well it’s NOT funny. I’m 26, not 13.”

I figured I better intervene before she says or does something she would later regret. I got up and moved towards her. She took a step back so I stopped. I gave her a reassuring look and tears started flowing through her big blue eyes. She stormed off to the backyard, shifted and started running.

“I’m really sorry guys. I don’t know what brought out this reaction.” I said before leaving a room full of utterly shocked people to go after her.

I caught up to her and just ran in silence waiting for a communication from her. Eventually she stopped and sat down still in her wolf form.

“I’m sorry Alec, we should’ve just told them over the phone. I think coming here was a mistake.”

“What are you talking about? They were just joking! It was meant to be a prank… for old time’s sake. They really love you Jazz. They’re family.”

“Well than why do I always feel like they treat you as a threat?”

“Umm… I am sleeping with their sister!” That made her chuckle.

“I just thought they’d be happy about the whole thing.” She added quietly.

“Honey, they ARE happy.” She sighed. She was calm now. She got up and phased back. I followed. We were walking back.

“Hey Jazz… what was all that anger in there about?” I asked unsure.

“I don’t know. I guess I just went ‘protective mate’ on you… plus my hormones may have something to do with it. I’ve heard motherhood changes a lot of things.” She said.

“Umm… we are staying here till new year’s though. Right?” I asked softly hoping for a yes. I didn’t want to create a scene or have any problems with the family.

“Yeah, I guess that should be ok.” She was looking at the ground. I took a breath of relief.

“Do you think I over reacted?” she said looking at me now.  

“A tad bit maybe.” I said with a smirk on my face. She mock punched my arm but put her arm around me and her head on my chest as we walked. We walked back to hear Kathy and the other girls yelling at the guys.

“You guys are so damn insensitive! How could you do that to her?” I heard Kathy’s voice.

“It was a joke!” Jacob was speaking.

“Really? How would you feel if everyone here reacted the same way when I got pregnant?” that was Chatara.

“Carter, a little help here!” Max was saying.

“I’m going to sit this one out with Tyler. I wasn’t the one who jumped Alec.” He said in a slightly amused tone. We walked in the room and they were quiet again. Max decided to break the silence. “Jazzy, we’re sooo very sorry. We didn’t mean to hurt your feelings. We really are happy for you… even though I would’ve preferred waiting till you got married. But let’s not go there. I’m truly happy that you will get to be a mother and I’m sorry if our joke went too far. You know I love you, right? I would never hurt you!”

Jazz went to him and hugged him. “I’m sorry too. I think I might have overreacted a little.”

“Just a little.” Jace teased and hugged her. “So… forgiven?” Jake added.

“Ofcourse! When have I been able to stay mad at you guys? Just, don’t attack my mate in the future, ok?” She said jokingly.

“I will make no such promises.” Jace teased and they laughed.

Wow… that was definitely an interesting way to start the family gathering. We went to Jazz’s room to sleep. I still remember the first time I sat in the balcony and talked to her. I was so confused back then… but now that I think about it, I have never been more certain about any other decision I’ve made. It was a great that I got to stay with this family, say that I am Jasmine’s significant other, kiss her because I want to, argue with her about how to make lemon soufflé, just… have a wonderful life that I get to share with her. And now, we will have another person to share the love with. She had our baby inside her! I drifted into sleep feeling very blessed.

The next day I went in the kitchen to see Max and Tyler making breakfast. “Need a hand guys?” I asked.

“Didn’t know your man can cook!” Tyler said to Jasmine.

“He’s not too bad.” Jasmine responded.

“Not too bad? OUCH! I’m hurt!” I said going along with the joke. Everyone just laughed.

“We’re ok though.” Max said.

Everyone was having breakfast when Jessika said, “I love it when uncle Max visits. He always cooks AMAZING foods. No wonder your restaurants do so well.”

“Aww… thanks love. You can ask me to cook for you any time!” Max responded. Everyone was making small talk. I was catching up with Chatara. The plan was to go snowboarding with the kids. It was great fun! To my relief, Jazz decided to sit this one out. After we got home, Carter asked me to run with him. I was expecting him to ask sooner. We ran inside the forest and phased back to human.

“So, what did you want to talk about?” I asked. He gave me the ‘really?’ look.

“I mean what in particular?”

“I just wanted to ask you what you thought of all of this.”

“Well, I’m excited to be a father. I know we’re not married officially but that doesn’t bother me. I mean, if she would like a wedding, I’m all for it. It’s entirely her call.”

“I don’t know about her but, Kathy and I were hoping that you guys would get married sooner rather than later. Don’t get me wrong, it has nothing to do with the pregnancy. We were going to talk to you guys about a wedding regardless. I think it would be better if you get married before you leave for Japan.”

“Japan! I was planning on cancelling that trip. I can’t leave!” I said a little taken a back.

“Hmm… listen, it’s entirely your choice but I suggest that you go to Japan. It’s the final year of your thesis paper and I know how important these 6 months are going to be for you. If you’d like, you can delay the trip a little. Jasmine can stay with us. You’ll be back before the delivery of the baby anyways. Just… think about it ok. Don’t make a hasty decision. It’s about your career.”

“Alright, I’ll think about it.” I said and we phased into wolf to run back home.

 That night we broke the news to all the kids.

Jessika said, “CONGRATULATIONS!!! OMG, I really hope it’s a baby girl. I think we need another sister in the family!”  

“OUCH! And just yesterday you were excited about us moving here!” Zack teased.

“Girl, you have no idea what you’re getting yourself into.” Jasmine said.

“HEYY!!” Jake and Jace retaliated in response. Everyone laughed. I loved this family.

I discussed what Carter said to me with Jasmine that night. She was excited for a wedding so I guess I’m getting married. She wanted me to go to Japan too but I’m still not sure. We’ll see what happens.