Dark Side of the World {Chapter Two}

Ganondorf’s POV

“It’s good to be the king!” I call out to the hall full of Hylians and Gerudo. “You will all be living together whether you like it or not. I am you rightful ruler and you will do as I command.” I was being a bit harsh, but you had to show there was no bending in the laws of Hyrule if you wanted to get any respect out of anyone. Especially people who didn’t care too much for me. I could see it in their eyes. The Hylians, they all hated me. They knew that I killed their beloved King. They didn’t trust me to be a good King, to keep the peace around here.

I didn’t plan on keeping the peace. Peace was too boring! But it did make my job easier. For now I wouldn’t do anything too harsh. Just make the Hylians build housing for the Gerudo or make them let the Gerudo live in their homes.

The Gerudo cheered with me and the Hylians gave a half hearted “yay” and I shooed them all away.

Nabooru came to my side minutes after the people left.

“You are a strong leader, Lord Ganondorf” she cooed to me.

“It’s King now!” I barked back at her. She flinched but recovered quickly.

“Yes, my King.” She bowed her head. She was a beautiful creature. Her clothing style revealed a little too much but I liked the view. Her hair was up in a high pony tail and her jewel on her forehead was shinning splendidly.

“How about you join me to my Kings Chamber tonight, Nabooru.” I spoke, my voice was deepening and I arched an eyebrow waiting for her response.

She blushed, her dark skin looking gorgeous, and giggled. “Oh Ganondorf. You always try that.” She leaned in towards me, her eyes fluttered a little. She was a tease, but I did love the chase.

“You know that I cannot My King. You know what I must do.” Right, she kept telling me about something about her, but I never paid too much attention to it. If I didn’t think it would help me gain power, I didn’t need to know about it.

I sighed, “Fine then, be on your way. You have guard tonight.” She smiled at me and kissed her lips, then blew her fingers, blowing me a kiss. I smirked and pretended I didn’t care, and then she giggled and walked away.

I needed to Sire and Heir to this throne. I didn’t want the real royal family to take over while I’m on top! If there was anything that I wanted more than to be King, it was to have Nabooru bare my son and continue on the royalty. No one else would be good enough.

Nabooru was perfect in every way. She was strong. She was smart. She was beautiful. She could carry a child and teach it the ways of royalty and to be a warrior. Our child would be the strongest lord on this land. And maybe even any lands surrounding us.

I leaned my head against my hand and thought about it. As long as the old legends don’t come true, I could rule for a hundred years in darkness.

The legend… the thought of it made my skin crawl, made my blood boil.

Generations of my family had to deal with that stupid Legend, and not a single one of us lived past 40. All because of that stupid legend.

I had to make a plan on this. The Hero of Time would not interfere with me this time! I would have his head mounted on my wall before that ever happened.

Link’s POV

After seeing that girl, Zelda, I couldn’t stop thinking about her. Not very many women could escape my charm.

I was sitting at the bar in the Kakariko town having a glass of Ale; I usually sat by myself unless I was accompanied by a woman. But today I just needed to think.