Chapter 1 | NYU

Emma Swan just moved back from Ireland for high school. She was now back in New York for college. She was happy to be back in her hometown, the place where she grew up. Emma grew up without parents, no one to tuck her in at night or sing her lullaby's.

She went to Ireland for an sense of adventure. When she was ready for high school, she accepted that she was too old to get adopted and stop moping around waiting for someone to take her home and take some risks. She convinced her foster mother to let her travel the world if she had a gradian with her, which of course was her foster mother.

Now she's an adult, 19 years old, ready for another four years of school. She was attending NYU, and she couldn't be more excited.

*Emma's POV*

I drove my yellow Volkswagen through New York. I turned to the right and there it was, the buildings of the school I was yet to experience. There was a rock sign that said New York University on it at the front of the school. There were many bushes surrounding the building giving the school the perfect new come setting.

I parked my car in the student parking lot that I got my permit to and grabbed my bags, which wasn't many. I walked through the door and was amazed by its beauty. I got in line as other freshman's waited to get their keys. Finally it was my turn and walked to the woman behind the desk,
"Excuse me?" I asked kindly.

The woman looked up from her computer, "What can I do for you miss?" The lady asked.

"I was wondering if I can get the key to my dorm, do I get it here?" I asked.

"That's right...what's your name?" The lady asked.

"Emma Swan.." I said to her

The lady typed her fingers on the keyboard, "Yes, I have you in Montel Hall..." The lady said.

"Where's that?" I asked.

"When you walk out this door, take a right, walk down to the second building from the left..and there you go" The lady explained.

"Thank you.." Emma said. "Here's your key, room 108" She said handing her the keys, "Your roommate is already settled in.." She said. Emma nodded.

I followed the direction the lady said and walked through the Montel Hall doors. I walked until I found room 108, which was on the 3rd floor.
I turned my key in the lock and slowly open the door.

It was a pretty big room. Inside
on the right side were two beds on opposite sides of each other. On the left side, there was a little bar, with two bar stools, a fridge behind it and a mini kitchen, a bathroom on the on the right side of the bed, and a closet. It was amazing

There were posters on the left bed with a blank covers. A guitar laid beside it and pictures of fine art were hung. I wonder who my roommate is, they got nice taste. I thought

A noise came from the bathroom and the door opened. A man with black hair and blue eyes stepped out. I was still standing by the front door with my luggages in my hands. The man didn't notice me and sat on his bed.

I decided to say something, "Hello?" I said. The man jumped and looked up at me

"God you scared me.." He said. He looked at my luggages, "I'm guessing your my roommate?" He asked.

I couldn't stop staring at his eyes, his beautiful blue eyes, 'My god, he's so attractive, why can't I move?' I thought. I struggled for words, "Y-yes...But I-I thought girls and boys weren't allowed to be in the same room"

He stood up and walked to me, "Well, then you certainly haven't done enough research of this school" He chuckled, "Here, let me.." He said taking my bags from my hands. His hand lightly brushed mine. He brought them and setting them on my bed, which is plain. "Thank you.." I said. "I'm Emma Swan.." I held my hand out

"Killian Jones.." He said shaking my hand. 'Killian Jones...What a name' I thought.

I looked at Killian's side of the room, "So you like music.." I said. He had so many albums stacked against the wall

"That obvious?" He questioned me. "Kinda...did you paint that?" My focus was on a picture and pointing to the painting of a mountain and trees around it with a sunset..it was extraordinary.

"No..do I look like I could paint something like that?" Killian asked

"I don't know.." I shrugged her shoulders. "Well I'm going to unpack.." I said turning around and walking to my bags.

"Okay..hey I'm going to the a cafe to get some breakfast, do you want anything?" Killian asked before he left.

"Uhh- no I'm fine thanks" I told him. He nodded and left the room with the door closing behind him.

I started to unpack my luggages which didn't take that long since there was only 3 tiny bags. I hanged my clothes in the closet which we both shared. I looked through his clothes. Most of his clothes were dark blue, black, and leather. I'm not complaining...they looked sexy as hell.

I walked into the kitchen to find the refrigerator and cabinet fully stocked with food. I turned my head slightly and saw a little t.v in the corner, that I haven't noticed before.

Ten minutes later, Killian walked through the door with two brown bags in his hands. He places then on the counter, and handed me one of the bags. "I know you didn't want anything but I got you a breakfast burrito" He said.

'How sweet!'
"Hmm..trying to make a good first impression?" I asked laughing taking the burrito out of the bag. "It's what I do" He said.

I took a bite of the burrito and stared at it in shock, "This is amazing!" I said taking another bite

"Isn't it? The café has the best food" He said taking the breakfast sandwich that he bought for himself out of the bag.

"Wait we have a café, don't we have a cafeteria?" I asked confused downing now half of my burrito

"Well there's the Café, the Coffee Shop, the Cafeteria, and there's a place where half of the place is a like a library and the other is to eat" He explained.

"And that's all on campus?" I asked surprised. "Yep.." He said.

"Well..thanks for the breakfast" I said covering my mouth as I finished it and sitting on my bed.

"It's not a problem, I'm just naturally nice to pretty women such as yourself" He said giving her a wink. I blushed.
"And plus, I love walking around the school..you know, since I memorized it" He said and walked into our tiny kitchen.

"Wait, aren't you a freshman..how would you know where everything is?" I asked standing up and following him

"My older brother Liam went here. I spent so much time here; therefore, I know where everything is...Liam just graduated last year and Im also a Sophomore" He said giving me a cup of water to drown the food

"Oh. Wait. They put Sophomore and Freshmans in the same room?"

"Love, just stop asking questions" He chuckled and rolled his eyes

"O-Okay" I blushed.

"Anyway...This school is very nice" I said changing the subject while taking a sip and setting the glass down on the table beside my bed.

"I think your going to like it here" Killian said smiling at me and sitting on his own bed, taking out a book to read.

"Yeah..I think I am" I whispered to myself looking at Killian.

*Killian's POV*

I watched Emma pull out her phone and tap her fingers on the screen. I looked at her from the corner of my eye as I pretended to read. To be honest I didn't think I would get a girl for my roommate. She was so bloody beautiful with her blond hair and memorizing green eyes. I can see it in her eyes that she's closed off, afraid of something new, I'll get something out of her and I won't stop till I'll do. This year is going to be fun.

A/N

My writing might be bad but this was one of the first things I wrote about before I did my account on wattpad and I totally forgot about it.

I probably won't be updating all next week because I'll be away.

Please comment and vote on what you think the first chapter was like!!!!

Comment---Vote---Lovelies