Chapter Four

I finish applying face makeup to cover up the purple bruise on my cheek from the slap Max gave me last night.

I glare at him as I watch him stand behind me from the reflection of my mirror.

"Be downstairs in ten" he tells me and walks out the room, I finish getting ready and make my way downstairs.

I sit down at the end of the breakfast table, the maid that my husband is sleeping around with walks in with our food in hand. She sets down a plate of fresh fruit in front of Max and then sets down another plate of fruit in front of me.

Max starts to eat his food as I push my plate away from me, "is something wrong?" Maxwell ask m, he looks at my plate of food. "You really think I'm going to sit here and eat something that your small toy just served me" I hiss at him, the maid glares down at me.

I smirk with satisfaction as she continues to glare at me, Max clears his throat and carefully sets down his fork. "Very well" he mutters knowing that he wouldn't dare make a scene in front of his toy. I motion with my hand for the maid to leave, "make sure the toilets are cleaned" I mockingly tell her as she angrily walks away.

"You need to learn how to keep your mouth shut!" Max quietly hisses once the maid is gone. He stands up and as he's about to reach across the table for me the butler walks in, Max freezes in midair and pulls his hand back. He sits back down in his chair.

"Sir" the butler speaks as he stands besides Max with his hands tucked nicely behind his back, Max looks up at him. "There's someone on the phone who wants to speak to you, they said it's an emergency" the butler tells him. Max quickly stands up and leaves to go talk to whoever is on the phone.

The butler looks at me and winks down at me. I look away from him as I feel myself blush, but with all this face makeup I'm sure he won't be able to tell that I'm even blushing.

*

It's late at night and at the moment I'm watching tv in my room, Max left to work as he says and hasn't come back home yet. I look up when I hear someone knock on my door, the butler opens it without waiting for my response.

He walks in with a tray of food and makes sure to close the door behind him, I sit up when he sets the tray down on my bed in front of me. "I know you haven't ate and I thought I'll bring you something" he tells me, he hands me the glass of orange juice that's on the tray.

I gladly take it and smile up at him. I've been hungry since this morning, but I didn't want to go downstairs and have to see that maids face. The butler gazes at my bruised cheek and reaches out to touch it, I took my makeup off awhile ago. I didn't think to much of it and I'm not embarrassed for him to even see me like this.

He looks at my cheek as he softly touches it "why did you let him do this to you?" he whispers as his eyes meet mine.

I break eye contact with him and look down at the food instead, he wouldn't understand even if I did explain it to him. No one would be able to understand. "Did you make this yourself?" I ask him, changing the subject.

The butler pulls his hand back and clears his throat, "yes I did, I didn't think you would want something made by one of the maids" he tells me. I nod and pick up the plate that has a piece of chicken breast on it with some cooked white rice.

I grab my fork and pull a piece of the chicken breast off, I bring the fork up to my mouth, the butler stares at my every movement. I chew on it and moan out in pleasure with my eyes closed.

This is probably the best chicken I've ever had, "this is amazing" I tell him as I eat another piece. "I know, you don't have to tell me" the butler cockily speaks, I roll my eyes at him as I continue eating.

"Do you have any kids?, are you married?" I ask the butler, we have been sitting on my bed in my room talking for hours without stopping

He's actually someone very interesting to talk to, there's so much that I want to know about him.

The butler smirks at me, "I have five kids and yes, I'm married" he tells me.

My eyes widen, "are you serious?" I almost shout, the butler starts laughing as he shakes his head, "of course not, no children or wife, but you should have seen your face" he tells me as he settles down from his laugher.

I smile at him, "I don't understand how someone like you doesn't even have a girlfriend" I blurt out, the butlers face expression goes blank as he looks at me.

"I haven't found the right one" he whispers, we lock eyes and I find myself slowly leaning in as he does the same, our lips slowly touch and I instantly feel a weird feeling tugging at my chest, it isn't a bad feeling. It's a feeling that is unknown to me, a feeling that I have never felt before, but I want it to continue.

The butler puts his hand behind my head and deepens the kiss, the kiss slowly starts to get heated and I find myself pushing him away. "Stop" I blurt out as I push myself back away from him.

The butler looks away, he stands up from the bed, "I'm sorry, this shouldn't had happened" he tells me and quickly walks out my room without waiting for me to say anything back.