Chapter Seven

The massive pain on the left side of my face causes me to open my eyes, I find myself laying in bed with the cover over me. "About time you woke up" I blink my eyes a few times to adjust them to the light coming into the room from the window.

I look to my side to see Max laying down beside me with a white shirt and a pair of blue jeans on.

Why is he here?

"I'm not going into work today, I want to take you out" he speaks causing my eyes to widen in surprise and shock. "What?" I whisper out. Max sighs and sits up, "I want to take you out" he whispers back at me.

He wants to take me out? We haven't gone out in over a year, he's never taken me out after the accident..

"Max, are you feeling well?" I ask, I slowly sit up in bed, Max reaches over his nightstand to grab something. He hands me a glass of water and some pills.

"I just think we should go out for once" he speaks as I swallow back the pain killers. I hand him the glass of water once I finish it, "if you don't feel well-", "no" I cut him off.

"I want to go out with you" I tell him, Max slowly smiles and gets up from the bed.

I stand up and walk into the bathroom to get ready to go out with him.

*

About an hour later I walk downstairs to find Max in the dining room eating, I enter the room and his eyes quickly land on me. He smiles up at me as the butler walks in with a plate of food in hand. He sets it down on the table in front of Max.

The butler pulls out the empty chair beside Max and motions for me to sit, I sit down and as I do the butlers hand touches my shoulder. It sends a weird feeling throughout my body, the feeling of electricity.

He pushes the chair in and walks away. "I need to take you with me to the office for a bit, I need to pick up some documents" Max tells me, he starts eating. I nod not finding it a big problem. I haven't been to Max's office in awhile now anyways.

The butler sets a plate of food in front of me, "would you like anything to drink, Mrs. Arias?" I look up to see that he already has his bright blue eyes down on me, he smiles. "Just some orange juice please" I tell the butler who nods and walks away again.

Max phone starts to ring as I start to eat, I raise an eyebrow at him in question. "It's from work" he tells me and excuses himself to go talk. I sit there alone when the butler comes back with my orange juice.

"Did you two work things out?" He ask, I look at him to see him with a blank look in his eyes. "I guess so" I whisper. Aeneas nods and stands to the side as Max walks back in, he grabs his drink and drinks it all. "Should we get going?" He ask me when he sets the empty glass down on the table.

"Yeah" I whisper and stand. I'm able to feel Aeneas eyes on me as Max leads me out the dining room and outside to his car. Aeneas seemed kind of strange, I'm not sure how or why but I just have a feeling inside of me that something was wrong.

I clear my mind as Max drives to the main rode and starts driving us to his office.

A few minutes later Max parks the car and we both get out, I follow Max inside the grey tall building. This is where Max works, this is where he makes all the money that he has. If it wasn't for this building I wouldn't have half the things that I do now.

Max has always given me everything I want or ever wanted. He's never denied me anything to be completely honest.

He also always makes sure that I get a new closet of clothes every three months, but that's for him to show me of with. He buys me new clothes all the time to show me off when his friends come over or when we have to go out for a business dinner with them.

We step inside the building and people's eyes land on me, some seem surprised, some seem upset. I haven't step foot inside this building in over a year now and I'm sure the workers must be shocked to finally see me again.

Max stops walking and turns around, he holds his hand out for me and I take it. He pulls me to his side as we hold hands. "I'm sure a lot of people are a bit surprised to see you" I nod at him as we reach the elevator.

We get inside and Max presses the button for the top floor, the elevator doors close and we start to move up. Max keeps his grip on my hand and he doesn't let it go when the doors open again.

He leads me out the elevator and I start to glance around. "Maxwell?" I look straight ahead to see Max's secretary standing in front of us.

She's a few inches shorter than me, her blonde hair is down in big loose curls and she's wearing a black short, tight pencil skirt with a pair of black high heels and a white blouse that reveals a bit too much of her breast.

"Maxwell?" I question him with my eyes set on her, it's obvious she's Maxwell's secretary because she's the only person on this floor besides us. She gazes at me as in barely noticing me. "Sorry" Max quickly speaks up.

"This is my wife, Athalia" Max speaks introducing me to this woman. she glares at me and fakes a smile, "it's nice to meet you Athali-", "it's Mrs. Arias for you" I speak over her.

Her eyes travel down to our hands that are locked together. No one speaks another word and the air seems to fill up with unwanted tense. I have a strong feeling that Max is sleeping with this woman that's standing in front of me. "Excuse us" Max finally decides to speak up, he leads me to his office and makes sure to close the door behind us.

His office hasn't changed a bit from the last time I was here, I still remember picking out the furniture that I wanted for his office. He let me design it my way. On one side of the wall stands a book case that covers most of the wall. The floor is dark wood, on one corner sits a black couch with another one facing it. A brown coffee table in between the two couches.

On the other side of the wall stands a small bar that Max wanted and ended up getting when I agreed to it. Max let's go of my hand and walks around his desk, he sits down and starts to look for something. I gaze behind him to look out the glass wall that gives a perfect view to the busy city.

"Max" I find myself speaking, Max hums in response. "Who is that secretary of yours?" I ask him, my eyes travel down to see him already looking at me. "You know I always have problems with my secretaries not doing their job well, she's new. Just hired her two weeks ago" I nod at what he said.

"I want you to fire her" Max tilts his head to the side as he try's to study me. "Excuse me?" He answers back. "I want you to fire her, I know you're sleeping with her and I don't want her working for you or anywhere near you" I find myself hissing at him.

Max shakes his head with a smirk on his lips, he pulls out a file and sets it on his desk, he gets up after closing the drawer he pulled the file out from.

"I'm not going to fire her" he tells me with his eyes set on me, I glare at him. I'm able to feel my body heat up in anger. My eyes fill up in tears of anger. "I can't take this anymore" I hiss out at him. I turn around and stomp my way out of his office.

"You" I hiss out as I find Max's secretary sitting behind a small brown desk that I'm guessing is hers. "I want you out this building now!" I shout at her.

She quickly stands with fright and panic in her eyes from hearing me shout at her. "Athalia!" Max shouts behind me when he catches up to me. "She's staying and that's the end of it" Max growls at me as he grips my arm to turn me around to face him.

I angrily pull my arm out of his grip and glare at him, "I swear, if she's not gone within five minutes I'm divorcing you".