Chapter 7

[a/n: for the purposes of the story, Selena has been painted in a completely different view of who she normally is. i do love her to pieces, don't get this storyline confused with how i really feel about her! the sexual tension is real at the end tho.]

---

Justin stood in between the two, his heart thumping emphatically in his chest, (so much so, he thought the two women could hear it).

He had two options to cater to— choosing Selena and having to deal with an exasperated Beverly later, but, he would get to talk to Selena, reminisce, catch up with each other. Or, he could choose Beverly and not make the same mistake of picking other girls over her. He could hold her and kiss her plump lips again, and they could finally be okay.

Looking to Selena, he frowned slightly as he watched chocolate-coloured eyes, her expression never failing to be anything but blissful. "Sel, I'm sorry to bump into you like this and not say anything, but I have to go get Bev.."

"Oh, your new toy?" Selena snorts, rolling her eyes slightly, her composition completely changing to a disgusted one. "Honestly, Justin, you never know what you want and it's getting old. Come on baby boy." Her hand rested gingerly on his bicep, her other hand busy with twisting her hair around her finger amorously.

For some reason, Justin felt sick inside. Now, normally, he would be all over her, his ex and all, he had never wished her any harm, in fact the opposite— Justin still loved her. However, (even though him and Beverly weren't a 'thing'), he felt deeply offended by Selena's choice of words.

"What the fuck? No, Selena. Not my new toy, my girlfriend. Now, excuse me." He grunts, gently pushing her arm off his bicep and turning around to follow Beverly, who had turned one too many corners and had found herself lost.

"Fucking..., fuckboy, fucker, ass.." She mumbled, storming down the corridor, running straight into Justin. "Nice to know you think that way of me."

"Do I mumble that loudly?" Beverly scoffs.

"Yeah, Bev, you do." He smirks, as he stops her from pushing past him, holding her waist lightly. "I didn't pick her you know. I came straight for you."

She looks up at him, an eyebrow raised. "You thought about others for once. Congrats." Justin marvelled down at her green eyes, and noticed how they contrasted against her tanned skin. "You're beautiful."

"Shut up." Beverly shakes her head, rolling her eyes, biting her lip to keep her smile from showing. "Why are we still in this corridor? Shouldn't we be getting back to our table?" She questioned, looking up at him. He loved how short she was, and how he could ultimately lean his chin on her head teasingly. "Mhmm,— however, are you mad? At me?"

Beverly furrows her brows, confused. "No.. not this time anyway, you haven't messed something up. This is a record. Let's see how long you can keep it going."

"Har, har, har." Justin fakes a laugh, rolling his eyes. "Not funny." Beverly laughs at how offended he looks, grasping his hand. "Come on then, let's get back to our table."

Justin bites his lip and follows her, his heart fluttering in his chest, but he finds himself stopping her. "Wait, instead of staying here, how about we go over to my place, mm?" She looks over at him, willing to take a chance.

"Okay, Mr. Big Shot, let's go."

BEVERLY'S POV

It took us no time to get to his home, and I looked out of the car window in awe. "Well, it's nothing compared to my cosy lil home." I hum, leaning back again onto the car seat. He chuckles, shaking his head.

He parked his car inside his garage, an impressively large garage, filled with all types of different cars. I opened the door of the car, carefully stepping out and shutting the door softly (a contrast to the last time I got out of one of his cars, I suppose).

"This way." He states, nodding over at the door that was right at the back, and I followed behind him. He hung his car keys on a hook, surrounded by about a billion other keys. Or maybe it was 18. I wasn't counting.

Justin unlocks the garage door and pushes it open, smiling once he hears Esther. "Ah, the other woman in my life."

"Who's the first?" I laugh, crossing my arms and looking at him mockingly, and he gasps playfully, a hand on his chest. "Other than my mom? You."

"You wish, bud." I poke his chest with my navy coated nail, giggling. I walk past him, looking around. "Just your fucking kitchen is nearly bigger than my house." Of course, I was exaggerating, but I wouldn't doubt this house was about ten times bigger than my own.

"Oh stop." He was right behind me, his mouth awfully close to my neck. Esther had been put down, by the looks of it, as she strutted past me. His hand was placed softly on my waist and I could feel him against me. He pecked my neck gingerly, cockily smirking while he did so. 

I gulped, not out of nervousness, but of the fact that I was enjoying his presence.

The heat of his breath lingered on my neck as he pulled away. "So, Netflix 'n' chill?" He winks, and it was my turn to smirk. "Netflix. The chill will be in a literal sense, meaning you can sit a couch a way from me." I cross my arms again.

"Where can I put my bag?" 

"Just leave it on there," He points at the kitchen island. "And I'll get Netflix on. The living room is through the left, the toilet is the second door on the right, and the bedroom is off limits... for now." He winks.

"Oh shut up." I huff slightly, placing my bag down onto the table, watching as he saunters to the living room.

Time to play with a boy's feelings.