Chapter 1

~ Alice ~

Blood. That's all my best friend Cassie Moone and I could really think about. By the way; my name's Alice Skyes. I'm a vampire. Along with my vampire sister and best friend Cassie. We aren't really related but vampires count their vampire friends in a way as family.

We could hear a heart beating pretty fast and we knew it wasn't an animal heart. Even though we hunt both animal and human bloods. The taste varies. But we also have to avoid that darn yet sexy vampire hunting group One Direction. In the group there is Zayn Malik, Niall Horan, Louis Tomlinson, Harry Styles and Liam Payne. We all know that Liam is sort of the leader. Then there's Louis and Harry. They would be together definitely. You can see the undisclosed tension between them. Then there's the hot and single Niall Horan and Zayn Malik. Both of them are really good hunters. They have killed so many vampires. Some of them we knew, others we didn't.

I forgot to mention that I'm in a small coven of about 3 of us. 2 vampires and a werewolf. Of course you know of me and Cassie but we have a werewolf sister by the name of Eva Dusk. Eva isn't like your average wolf where they shift on full moon. But she can shift when she wants to.

We have a small cabin in the woods. That has a basement for when Eva gets dangerous. We also have to be careful of the hunters in the area. Especially the One Direction group. They can be pretty dangerous. I make sure when we're hunting that they aren't around. We live off both animal and human blood.

'Alice, are we going hunting or what?' Cassie called from down stairs. I sat in my room reading a book. Getting off the bed I strolled down stairs.

'Are you sure it's not to see that hot hunter Niall Horan?' I asked in reply while holding in laughter. Cassie has had a massive crush on one of the hunters, Niall Horan to be precise. And I find it funny. But then why am I laughing when I realise that my other best friend Eva is in love with Liam Payne. He's a hunter but he hunts both vampires and werewolves. And that might be a slight problem. Eva isn't home yet and Cassie and I have to go out hunting because our blood bag supply is running low.

'Cass, can you leave a note to Eva saying that we are going hunting. I have no idea where she is.' I said as I went to the door. Pulling on my converse shoes. Cassie came darting out of the kitchen, pinning the note to the wooden wall.

'Ready to go?' I asked and Cassie nodded her head in reply. Cassie pulled on her black boots. Opened the door we could see that the sun was starting to set.

'Alright let's do this!' Cassie said with enthusiasm. Darting out the door we both headed towards the clearing that became so familiar to us during our hunting trips. Watching every inch of space around us, I knew something wasn't right.

'Cassie!' I shouted. 'Something doesn't feel right.'

I slowed down to a walk and Cassie came running back.

'What is it Alice?' Cassie asked me. I gave a shrug of my shoulders.

'I don't know. But something doesn't feel quiet right.' I replied as I looked around. I had this feeling about something being quiet off. Until the scent of 2 hunters came our way. That's when I heard their voices.

'Harry, are you sure we should be out here like this?' I heard a boy with a english accent say- I knew that accent any where. Louis!

'Yes! I'm sure Boo. Do you have the tent?' Harry asked Louis in reply.

'Cassie!' I said quickly 'Head for the trees now!'

Cassie and I quickly dashed for the trees; just in time for the 2 hunters to come out of the tree line. 3 other hunters' scents came drifting through. Then Zayn, Liam and Niall came walking in.