Chapter 2 Two is a Company

Narrator POV

As gem security took the gems onto the ship that would lead them to the diamonds Lapis looked over to Peridot once more and just stared at her. Peridot looked like she was about to faint from stress and Lapis couldn't help but feel bad for her. "Turn back around and face the ship!" the guard ordered. she sighed and did what she was told. "There will be time to look around once I'm in my cell." Lapis thought. And after walking for a few minutes they finally reached their destination. Even if  the two hadn't wanted to be there in the first place.

(5 minutes later)

Peridot POV

This cell is extremely unappealing to the eyes. The whole structure of it looks weak as if they haven't fixed it in years. The wall is cold and damp with mold growing on it that frankly I don't want to look at. The floor even looks more dirty than the outside except for one spot towards the left wall that seems to be covered over with a piece of cardboard. "How can anyone stand to be in this room for even a couple minutes?!" I asked in frustration. "Well we should get used to it." Lapis replied. "Were going to be here for awhile." Lapis and me began to walk into our cell when the two guards pulled Lapis back. "Wait I thought we were supposed to share a cell." I exclaimed with a break in my voice. The guards began to move her to the cell next to me while replying back, "The both of you are not to be in the same cell as specified by Yellow Diamond herself." he responded. "And frankly you should shut up for the rest of the ride." "Great this day just keeps getting worse." I thought to myself. "I have to stay in this room all by myself!" I kicked the wall in frustration but all it did was hurt my foot. I just sighed and sat on the piece of cardboard near the wall when I heard Lapis voice from the other side of the wall.

Lapis POV

"Can you hear me?" I spoke to the wall. "If you can than I would like to say that this whole situation is dumb." Peridot remained silent for a few seconds. "Insulting this mix up is fun but right now I want to figure out how to get out of here." Peridot replied in a sad tone. "And small talk won't help right now."

"Maybe I could help?" I asked.

She was silent again except just a couple seconds longer. "Well if you can agree to one simple requirement than sure."

"Name it." I replied with enthusiasm. 

"Promise that whatever plan we come up with we must not hurt anyone." she answered.

I froze for a minute when she said that. These security gems are taking us away, it seemed like a good idea to teach them a lesson. Then I realized it wasn't the guards fault it was my Diamond who requested us to be sent to her without even checking who actually was at fault. "Alright I won't hurt anyone on board." I responded.

"Good than we can start brainstorming now!" She exclaimed. "But remember getting out of here is going to be a lot harder than you think."

"I have a pretty good idea of how difficult this will be." I answered back. Peridots voice sounded very nice for whatever reason. In fact, I could talk forever with her but for now we stayed quiet as we thought of ideas on how to get out. Maybe this trip won't be as bad as I thought.