The Beginning

Morgan Freeman as the Narrator~

Once upon a time,

A single drop of sunlight fell from the sky. And this droplet of sunlight had magical powers. And so, grew a magical golden flower. This flower, it had the ability to heal and recover someone's youth.

Century's passed and a kingdom grew. There was a king and queen who ruled. The queen was about to give birth to a baby. But things happened and she grew ill, very ill. The kingdom got worried for the queen and searched everywhere for a cure, or even a miracle. This miracle just happened to be...the magical golden flower. Now let me tell you, there is a woman, Gothel, who kept the flower hidden and used the flower for her own.

Luckily, the guards found the magic flower and brought it back to the kingdom. The queen got better after drinking a soup the flower was made in. And soon, the queen gave birth, to a healthy baby girl. Her name is Lucy and she had beautiful golden hair! But just when the kingdom was happy again, it soon turned for the worse.

One night while the king and queen slept, Gothel broke into the castle. she found the baby girl and tried to take a piece of her magical hair. In doing so, the strand of hair lost it's magic and turned brown. The baby cried out as Gothel picked her up. The king and queen woke up and ran to the baby's room, but it was too late. Gothel stole the child and took her to a hidden tower where the kingdom would never find them. The king and queen sent the celestial guards to search the whole kingdom but never found the missing princess.

Though the tower couldn't hide everything, for each year on the princesses birthday they would release hundreds of floating lanterns, hoping that their missing princess would someday return.

And so, our story begins.