Chapter 10

Clark's POV: Time before Bot attack 2 days

I sit at my desk at the daily planet and think. How will I warn evry single person in metroplis in the time span of two days? It's not possible. I should be happy I got Hailey and myself out of that death trap. She was really smart in thinking of a lead suit. But she didn't mention how to tell everyone..maybe I can just count on Lex. He likes to do things with flare so maybe he will do some kind if intercom message that spreads out over the entire city. I don't know.

I sit at my desk and rub my forehead. I don't normally get headaches...cause I'm invulnerable...but I have been near a lot of kryptonite lately so that must be why. To be 100% honest I'm totally scared of what might happen. If I can't warn people. Superman will become a joke. I don't want to have to leave hailey. I love her...I just wish she could see that. I think she only likes me as a friend. Maybe she loves me...I don't know. I let out a groan of frustration and shake my head. I get up and head to the mens room. Once inside I splash some cold water on my face and change into 'Superman'. I needed to clear my head. I quickly fly out the window and sail through the cool breeze. I fly to the nearest buliding that I can. I just sit. I look out at all the people. Everyone with normal lives. Who couldn't fly. Who couldn't see through objects...Whose real parents were killed in a horrific planatary explosion. Thinking of my dad (my biological one) gave me an idea. I quickly flew to Antirtica.

I landed inside the huge ship that my dad's concience lived inside of.

"Jor...Dad?" I call. No anwser. But I get a sense someone is watching me. I quickly turn around. Only to find absolutley nothing there. I walk down the corridor and the feeling comes back. I turn. Luckily Jor didn't make this a game of hide and seek.

"Son?" Said Jor

"Hello dad." I said with a straight face.

"Good to see you but, Why are you here?" He asked furrowing his eyebrows.

"I need to warm them Lex will kill everyone if I dont" I say panicking a little.

"Slow down! Who's Lex?" Jor asked puzzled.

"The mortal version of Zod." I said. Jor's eyes got wide.

"How can I help..."

Hailey's POV

"So let me get this straight the world is gonna end...and you want to have a dinner date?" I ask confused. Clark nods.

"Okay...um...what have you been smoking? Some weird intergalatic weed? I..I....What is your..." He cuts me off.

"Just trust me." He says. His big blue eyes staring right at my brown ones and through to my soul.

"Fine" I say with a heavy breath.

"Good. I'll pick you up at seven." He says and quickly takes off.

A dinner date? Really? I mean we are trying to solve the issue of Lex taking over Metropolis and he wants to go to a restraunt and eat french fries? Like what the actual heck? Whatever. It's no use trying to get into Clark's brain. It's too confusing...He's confusing. Men are confusing.

I snap back to reality and head back to my desk. Jimmy is there.

"Jimmy?" I ask.

"Oh hi there Hailey!" He says cheerfully.

"What uh...what are you doing at my desk?" I ask.

"Huh?...Oh right...This came for you." He says getting up and handing me a letter. I take the letter and thank Jimmy. I could already tell it was from Clark. I recgonized his handwriting. I open the letter and read.

Dear Hailey,

I think I know how to stop the robots...I had to find out a way to tell you without saying "Hey Hailey let's discuss killing evil Lex Bots over dinner." I figured a dinner date wouldn't draw too much attention.

Thanks, Clark

I smile. Okay so he hasn't totally gone off the deep end. I get back to work and wait for seven o' clock to come.

Finally time for dinner with Clark. I had no clue where he was taking me. so dressed casually. I pulled on some blue jeans and a graphic tshirt. I didn't realize until Clark showed up that the shirt had the "S" of Superman. He rolled his eyes and walked me out to the car. on the way Clark was very quiet. usually he tells me about stuff he did as Superman that day but not this time. Nope this time he just kept his eyes firmly on the car in front of him.

"Clark...are you okay?" I ask.
No answer.

"Clark!" I say a bit louder.

"Huh?" he says snapping out of whatever trance he is in.

"Are you okay?" I ask firmly.

"No. I'm worries my plan won't work." he says hanging his head.

"What is your plan?" you haven't told me yet" I say.

"I'm not telling until we get to our dinner." he says smirking a bit. I hangs head and sigh. Clark laughs at me.

The rest of the car ride was quiet. but a good kind of quiet. we arrive at the restaurant and take out seats.

"So what's your big plan on saving the city?" I ask.

"Okay I figure if I fly fast enough I will create a sonic boom. Smoke will follow me and I can create a message in the sky." clark says. I nod. It seems like a good plan. A good way to warm people.

"Good idea." i say.  Outside I try to keep a cool head...inside a million voices are telling me it's a bad idea. I nod and smile. I guess he can read me like a book.

"You okay?"

"What...oh yeah just sleepy I guess." I say..lying of course. 

"Come on you know very well I can hear your pulse rate...It's through the roof. What's eating you?" Clark asks.

"Can we just drop it I'm fine." I say.

Clark shakes his head and the rest of our dinner date is silent. 

Time before Bot attack: 1 day

I pace back and fourth in my aparpment. "Superman" will be here any minute. I tidy up a little bit and sit on the couch nervously biting my nails.

"You know thats a bad habit." Comes a voice from behind me.

"Clark...Learn to use the door like a normal person!" I protest as he flies through the window. HE simply smirks and lands on a nearby chair. 

"But I'm not normal." He says.

"no your not..." I say.

"Do you have my lead suit?" He asks. I hand him another suit and he speeds in the bathroom and comes out seconds later in the suit.

"I made so adjustments so that way it's more lightweight." I say. He nods and takes off. I rush to the window. I hear a blast. Broken sound barrier equals sonic boom so far so good. I think to myself. I begin to see Clark spelling out the letters. 

Lex Bots Attack! Run Far Now! A huge "S" is at the bottom so people know who it's from...I just hope and pray people listen to his warning.

Hi There!

So for some odd reason the little update bar on my profile wasnt working! I kept trying to tell you guys the next chapter was going to take a while due to school. But I'm back and hopefully I can get that problem fixed. I felt bad so I hope this makes up for it. I made it as long as I could. :) Thanks for being so freaking patient with me! I love you all. Dont forget to comment vote and follow me :) And feel free to kik me @rzombielove

~Echo S.