Chapter 10

AN:  This chapter is dedicated to @IceBelle_ for their immense amounts of votes! Thank you! :D

The huge building was more than six stories tall with thick cream colored walls that seemed to run on forever. Some of the windows at the top had been blown out, and some windows at the bottom had bullet holes in them. Glass scattered all over the bloody sidewalk, crunching under our shoes as we stepped up to the entrance.

"We're going to step foot inside the FBI Headquarters. How cool is that?" Peter acknowledged in a slightly giddy tone. He jumped from one foot to the other in an effort to warm up; I thought it might be partially because he's really excited.

Bobby chipped in with Peter's excitement, "I know! I wish it was on better terms, though. Imagine what it would be like to see this place in action. I wonder if we'd meet any spies."

Steve shook his head and drew their attention to him. He put in his earpiece and motioned to all of us, "This building is huge. I think we should split up into pairs of two and go to different levels."

"I think the Captain is right. I'll stick with him," Peter volunteered. "We'll take the middle floors."

Storm spoke up next, "I'll take Bobby to the first level, and if they have a basement, we'll check it out."

"I guess that leaves you with me and the Professor at the top floors," Logan declared and gestured towards me. I nodded and glanced at Steve, who sent a reassuring look back. I knew Peter and Steve would watch out for each other, but I couldn't help but to worry. We all went our separate ways to scout out the building.

Steve and Peter took the first flight of stairs to the second floor of the building. Blood and dead bodies were spread out across the hall. Some were lab tech personnel or FBI agents with pistols in their hands. Gunshots made holes in the walls, almost like all of their shots missed the target. Maybe it moved too fast for them to shoot at. Or...it was never there at all.

"Wow, we really missed the party," Peter surveyed the area and grimaced. Steve turned around to shoot him a disapproving glance before moving down the hall. He stealthily moved around the blood puddles and kept his shield close to him. The silence seemed unnerving and overwhelming. Usually there was noise. Even comms was quiet.

Peter shivered and he looked straight ahead. His Spidey senses were tingling, but he didn't see anything. He turned around and froze in his spot. The creature looked like it crawled out from Hell itself. A ripped black coat covered its body from head to toe. The only things visible were its three long fingers for hands and its portal like face. It just stood there, watching them silently while its fingers twitched and its black and white face spun in a circular motion. Spider-Man remarked out loud, "I've seen a lot of villains in my time, but you sir are the creepiest."

Captain America spun around and stared at the villain for a few seconds. None of them have seen anything like it before, so this was uncharted territory. They fought aliens though, so this should be no different. "Focus, Peter."

"What? It's the truth! Look at this guy! Straight out of a scary movie."

Steve tried to focus and threw his shield at the figure. His shield went straight through him, bouncing off of the walls and right back towards Steve. He caught it and eyed the figure in a confused state. It confirmed his theory of the creature never really being there. It's not in the physical realm which was...odd.

Peter threw some webbing with his right arm's tech at the creature's feet, but it just attached itself to the ground. The creature stepped through the webbing towards the pair of heroes, not being bothered by anything it walked through. Peter let go of the webbing and stepped backwards. He called out, "What do we do, Cap?"